As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Site Suggestions This Forum Died (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: This Forum Died
Boo
Re:This Forum Died 10 Years, 8 Months ago
I like this forum, actually. It is plain and simple and that's how I like it. If only we could implement anti-spam-bot registration feature (captcha?).
  The topic has been locked.
Ink
Goomba
the search function is the worst i've encountered. you cant even use googles site: search function to make up for it. after being made an offer for a used mnm mk1 i tried searching their username for activity or feedback in the buyselltrade forum... totally useless. the PM functiom sucks too... youve got to view their profile first. theres definitely some big usability problems to be addressed.
darenager wrote:
Gotta say it but I pretty much hate the Elektronauts site as it stands at present, bad layout, buggy, not a fan of the colour scheme, hopefully it will be improved, if not then I doubt I'll be very active there. I have tried to post quite a few topics there and end up giving up because it does not work at all well on iOS.

At present all the guys wishing it would be made public quicker, believe me you are not missing much right now, hopefully it will be fixed and improved though.

Personally I do think there is room for another unofficial forum once this one has closed.

Unfortunately this exactly reflects my own views on the new forum too. I'm registered on there but I think I've only been on twice. Find the design and layout very unpleasant. So much wasted space on there: is it designed for people running 30" monitors or something?
Ink
Goomba
i guess that's why they call it a "beta"
"Thanks"...
Chain Chomp
Even with its "out dated ness" I would take this forum anyday. The other site is a pain in the arse and at present thoroughly un enjoyable to use. It may well be in a beta phase but really it needs a lot of work in terms of usability and layout.

Long Live EU.
Chain Chomp
Yeah, I'm not really sure why they went with that custom design at Elektronauts. Seems impossible to scale. Still, it's been a long time in the making, and if it means no more spam, I suppose I'll just have to get used to it.
Cappy
It's good to know there are people who would be excited at a new forum for us and I really don't think it would take much work on my end. I could tap into a framework to cut out dev work.

I don't want to split the community... who runs Elektron-Users?
Chain Chomp
Every track here is made live using only the monomachine and the octatrack (no pc):
www.soundcloud.com/cutoph2
www.soundcloud.com/nobodyslistening
neilbaldwin wrote:
darenager wrote:
Gotta say it but I pretty much hate the Elektronauts site as it stands at present, bad layout, buggy, not a fan of the colour scheme, hopefully it will be improved, if not then I doubt I'll be very active there. I have tried to post quite a few topics there and end up giving up because it does not work at all well on iOS.

At present all the guys wishing it would be made public quicker, believe me you are not missing much right now, hopefully it will be fixed and improved though.

Personally I do think there is room for another unofficial forum once this one has closed.

Unfortunately this exactly reflects my own views on the new forum too. I'm registered on there but I think I've only been on twice. Find the design and layout very unpleasant. So much wasted space on there: is it designed for people running 30" monitors or something?

Indeed ...

I love this one, but I'm sorry so many people left and others don't come as often
Game & Watch
Re:This Forum Died 10 Years, 7 Months ago
orangehexagon wrote:
It's good to know there are people who would be excited at a new forum for us and I really don't think it would take much work on my end. I could tap into a framework to cut out dev work.

I don't want to split the community... who runs Elektron-Users?

Currently it is maintained by Elektron.

Elektronauts is virtually unusable for me....
Go to top Post Reply