As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox Re:Machinedrum Remote sl25 Template to control machine fx (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Machinedrum Remote sl25 Template to control machine fx
King Koopa
Re:Machinedrum Remote sl25 Template to control machine fx 14 Years, 2 Months ago
anselmi wrote:
kamrog wrote:
NICE !

I try with my Remote Zero SL and I leave my feedback!

thanks

+1

talking about SysEx, did you transcribe the code manually? using the editor?

I was looking for a LEARN function that allows me to enter SysEx in a easier way, just moving a knob in a piece of gear that sends that kind of data...did the remote SL got something like that?

man, that was hard!(cause i'm not so in programmin languages) that was a totally new expirience
i found some tutorials how to use this whole sysex thing. then i looked in the manual for the desired codes and mapped them on my sl25 with the template editor.
actually i use the template only till i got my midicommand( can't wait to get one!!!) then all my problems are solved (oh, i forgot. i need a mono too)

afaik, the automap does work only on vst. a learn function definitley would be great
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
Re:Machinedrum Remote sl25 Template to control machine fx 14 Years, 2 Months ago
cheers for the cool idea..
using Ctrl/Cmd-M, with Ableton enters midi learn mode.
merely select a rotary or fader on the software interface, move a md rotary whilst connected via TM-1 or other device... ableton will recognize and display the value along with cc number.
Chain Chomp
Trying out your template, my values on the MD are jumping to 127 and locking there at the moment when I turn an SL encoder...
King Koopa
Indigo Fire wrote:
Trying out your template, my values on the MD are jumping to 127 and locking there at the moment when I turn an SL encoder...

oh, i forgot: you must change the data type of every rotary encoder:

after uploading the template press and hold edit and one of the assigned encoder and change DATA TYPE = Roland.

do this with all rotary encoders and voilà, there you go. hope that helped. cheers
Chain Chomp
Yea, I did this, still jumping to 127.

By the way EmTeX, great idea, thanks... just have to get it working. ( not sure if it's just me?)
King Koopa
hmm, strange. would be interesting to know if someone other has the same problem.

i really don't know why this happens. my template works like a charm.

hope the best that you get this to work and sorry 4 the problems ( actually i'm not a programmer )

in the edit mode of the rotary encoders, have you selected display type= 0-127 set the low and high values? the whole rotary encoder edit page should look like this (for every encoder): control= sysex
disp type= 0-127
lowval=0
highval=127
ports= u1, M1
lenght=9
Data type= roland
datapsn= 8
and do the delaytime snaphot work?
King Koopa
if someone has problems with this template. here's the new version (all checked and working): http://www.sendspace.com/file/5ab5ks
Chain Chomp
OK I have it working now, thanks. When Data type was on ROLAND, Length and Datapsn were locked on 10 & 9, so I changed Data type to SINGLE and put your numbers in for Length & Datapsn... seems to work well now!
King Koopa
great. have fun with it.
would be nice if someone could extend this template with some other nice features. don't get me wrong, i would do it by myself but it would go for years til i understand everything about sysex and hex values and...............
Goomba
Great! work with Remote Zero SL !

Really cool mate…

THANKS & all the best in 2010!
Go to top Post Reply