As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Re:#1 Elektron fanboy (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:#1 Elektron fanboy
Chain Chomp
Check out Jogging House at
soundcloud
tumblr
bandcamp
facebook
Re:#1 Elektron fanboy 12 Years, 3 Months ago
@dataline:
It's fairly new. I actually wasn't sure if it's the right thing for me, but I bought it used for a reasonable price, so I took the risk.

So far I really dig it. I mostly use it for some slight distortion/bit reduction. Specially the prophet seems to benefit a lot. The biscuit enhances the frequencies so that the sounds I run through it are way more flexible for further resampling/mangling. In almost any case I prefer the biscuitized sample over the original. Can't promise if that will be the same in a few weeks but right now I'm surprised how much I use it.
  The topic has been locked.
yea, I like the fact that it doubles/enhance the sound (Naked and Dressed) and I like the tones you get from bit reduction - but I cant seem to get different distortion tones from it...I guess it takes time to learn from it...

You should try OP1 into the biscuit I really like sampling speech from radio through Biscuit
Chain Chomp
Check out Jogging House at
soundcloud
tumblr
bandcamp
facebook
That is exactly what I'm doing right now
I work as this:

Synths > Pedals > OP-1 > Pedals > Octatrack

It's a beautiful thing...
good to hear! OP1 input is a strangely nice one

I run nord 2 into OP1 into MNM into biscuit into OT for sampling Just total fun!
Chain Chomp
Re:#1 Elektron fanboy 12 Years, 2 Months ago

Just got my modular up and running! Think its gonna be OT´s new best friend!
Hero of Winds
OP-1 and Ableton Live (everything else is waiting for studio renovations...which are slow since I'm doing it)
Nice cozy setup. I love that Space 1999/2001 Space Odyssey chair.
Admin
^^ Z3000 in place! Expecting some noises soon
Chain Chomp
Thomas wrote:

Just got my modular up and running! Think its gonna be OT´s new best friend!

Wow, cool chair, where did you get it from? Also are they concussor modules? thinking of starting on those myself...
Chain Chomp
Got them from a furniture store in Norway.

No Concussor modules.

List goes as:
Tip top audio Z3000
Intellijel Corgasmatron
Intellijel buff mult
Intellijel uVCA
Make noise Maths
Doepfer A160/161
Doepfer A137
Pittsburgh audiomixer

http://youtu.be/WUnMuGKyUro - some audio aswell. But with very bad camerawork! hehe.
Did some rearranging today, finally found a way to have everything as close to eachother as possble, cables lined up and hidden underneath the Sherman and MnM!
Sold the Mixer (to a nice local guy who happens to b here somewhere, Hi Fiend, hope you like the zero mixer!), so now trying out life without one. Doepfer goes through Sherman and then into input A of MD. MD and MnM goes to Octa, so it works for now, but will add a bigger mixer with time. Also it's easy to take the MD or OT out of the chain for some sofa techno action, which is basically how the last lvieset was made.

Currently not making much with the Sherman except some hard techno drums that are in my MD now, not really sure of it's place in my rig at the moment, but it's just such a weird thing I'll keep it for a while longer before deciding if it's for me or not.

Bla Bla Bla Photo

Go to top Post Reply