As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Site Suggestions IMPORTANT - FORUM FUTURE (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: IMPORTANT - FORUM FUTURE
Chain Chomp
Everything you own ends up owning you.
Re:IMPORTANT - FORUM FUTURE 10 Years, 9 Months ago
I'm not exactly a 'big hitter' here but this forum is the best on the net and certainly a positive force. As much as I hate the spam I'd hate to see this forum die even more, this is a safe place and has a user consciousness all of it's own, we have all eaten popcorn whilst reading an argument but it's all good natured and above the belt.
I feel the energy would shift and users would become maybe tight lipped and suspicious if Elektron themselves were omnipotent. How many accusations of affiliation would be levelled?

I appreciate the tremendous dedication of the admin team and feel sickened by the idea that this great community is being hijacked by kitchen bullshit, it's a great shame.

I personally (since getting rid of my Tempest) only use this forum because it's a great family here, the use of first names by some a testament to the friendship and acquaintances cultivated and to see it fragment and break up would probably mean my departure.

Whatever, you can't rebuild the 808 mr Miami, something will always be missing...
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
I also think this is a fantastic forum, and I enjoy visiting it almost everyday!

Let's hope the forum get a good update (maybe to Elektronauts), and we can continue even better.

But, I seriously think a good update is needed
Chain Chomp
Thanks for the update NIls. I really like this site. It's been a great help to me, understanding my Elektron boxes and making music in general. I think the new site's future will entirely depend on how much of a nanny Elektron wants to be. Since they are such a small firm, I really doubt that they will have the resources to send in the "thought police" every time somebody posts a complaint
Chain Chomp
First, overdue big thanks to everyone that's put in work on the site!

Second, how about using this site as a "best of" data repository? When the domain expires, someone could jump on it before a squatter takes it over. (Or can Elektron sell it? Dunno the behind the scenes there.)

Elektron gear has more varied, flexible use and users than most, so it'd be cool, I think, at least to collect all the tips and tricks, video links and so on. Maybe something could be worked into the forum software so we as users could tag and mark stuff to get sent to elektron-users to save. There are the nice MonoMachine and MachineDrum documents, but I think there is and will be more to add for years to come.

As for elektronauts, I'll give it a wait n see. It can't be as bad as Ableton's forum.

It'd be geeky, but I wouldn't mind stuff like a sub forum for users with serial numbers, where we get a bit more communication, etc. I mean, I agree, if Elektron doesn't use the opportunity to involve themselves in the community, it will feel like mom and dad - or hanging on to big brother, which would be weird when one of the things I think draws us to Elektron gear is that it pushes us to "break" or push past it's "limitations".
Elektronauts is definitely worth the wait
Chain Chomp
feature request: an API for a database of user sysex.
Admin
dataline wrote:
Elektronauts is definitely worth the wait

Since we have an Elektron employee here - more details would great.
Great news! Features I hope to see:

The ability to search up a post you were involved in a couple weeks ago.

"New posts since last visit" working again.
Thanks Nils for keeping us aware of the work. Glad to read you're good
tIB
Boo
Have HQ gotten around to stopping the sign up yet? Still very spammy at this point.

On another note Dataline is an employee? How long has that been? I always assumed he was just a really enthusiastic fan.
Go to top Post Reply