As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Korg Volcas launched, on sale in Japan (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Korg Volcas launched, on sale in Japan
Yoshi
Re:Korg Volcas launched, on sale in Japan 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Agreed, they look like fun boxes but if you already own a few Elektron boxes than they are a bit redundant.
  The topic has been locked.
Hammer Bro
Octatrack : Analog Four : NM G2
Soundcloud
I see and appreciate your point. But I would like the option to take a small analog synth with me on the train or somewhere, instead of pulling out an iPad or something and having the temptation to check my email
Chain Chomp
MDuw mkI/Octatrack/Analog Four/TT-303/Vermona Kick Lancet/Eurorack Modular System/Monotribe/Monotron Delay/Monotron
Where are these available for sale?
Yoshi
Only in Japan for now, I think. However, you can pre-order them.
^
we can access some ( not all ) of the Korg product line via our work trade dealership & these have just appeared on my account as available to pre-order here in the UK.

I've got to say, I think they're fun & funky & seem to sound way better than they should for this cost...in fact for the trade price it's getting pretty hard not just to stick one of each on pre-order for myself really. It's almost a no brainer.
Chain Chomp
I think the keys sounds fantastic, but part of the reason I'll buy it is just to show my support and hopefully entice korg into making more and crazier. Is it a need, no, but they won't prevent me from making music.

The Volca designer is the one who did the Microsampler, I think. Volcaized microsampler would be wonderful.
Chain Chomp
The motivation for me to get them is to jam on the kitchen table. This is no joke. I actually do kitchen jams with a friend. We don't record or save anything. The possibility to have other people to take part in such jams will be fun.
Yoshi
@0n0n3
MNM
OT
X0xb0x
Monotribe
I'm on it for the fun, time for serious is in limited supply currently. PreOrdered all 3 from andertons, can't wait to jam with friends on a whenever basis
Cappy
You guys are all missing the point - the Dude in the product videos has one cool ass job - bet he's knee deep in chicitas!
Cappy
Re:Korg Volcas launched, on sale in Japan 10 Years, 8 Months ago
skab wrote:
I think the implementation of note slides lets it down a bit.

I'd agree with that. While you can make something that sounds like squelchy acid, when you program the same pattern with slides into both the A4 and a 303 (or TT-303 or x0xb0x or soft clone), then the A4 just doesn't sound right. Infact, the A4 pattern doesn't even resemble the 303 pattern. I've played with this a lot trying to determine why the same pattern sounds so different and it seems to be down to the slide.
Go to top Post Reply