As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Bay Area Elektron Meetup (and Kitchen sales) (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Bay Area Elektron Meetup (and Kitchen sales)
Hammer Bro
Octatrack : Analog Four : NM G2
Soundcloud
Bay Area Elektron Meetup (and Kitchen sales) 10 Years, 10 Months ago
OK guys, got held up for a day but we're booked - save the date:

When: Saturday June 29, 2-6pm
Where: Guitar Center Studios, Emeryville

Map! It looks like GC studios is a different part of the building from the store. It isn't, the entrance doors are side by side, just enter and turn to the right. We are in a large room at the end of the corridor, I'm told.

If you're taking public transit, go to Macarthur BART station. Walk straight out of the station (there's only one exit) and you'll come to some bus stops for the Emeryville Go-Round. It's a free shuttle bus that runs every 15 minutes or so. Website. You want the Shellmound-Powell Line, which is the pruple route. you'll get off at Stop #8 - There's a guitar Center on one side and an Amtrak station on the other, you can't miss it.

The room is booked for 4 hours, under my name, Edward On-Robinson. So the total cost is $72. I'm anticipating that we're 12 people which works out at $6 each, but please bring $10 just in case we come up a few people short on the day

It would be great if you could drop me a line to let me know you're coming - anigbrowl at gmail, and put 'Elektron User Meet' in the subject. Thank you! I'll send out my phone # (don't want to publish it to the kitchen sales people) but my phone got damaged and is a bit janky so email is more reliable.

I will bring an OT and A4, as well as a few sets of MIDI and audio cables, headphones, and a power strip. I suggest people bring 1 machine, a stereo audio and a MIDI cable, and of course a power supply. Headphones might be a good idea too, I will bring a couple of pairs. Please be very careful with your stuff as neither I nor Guitar Center can be responsible if you forget something or pick up the wrong PSU! I forgot to ask them about drinks/snacks, but I guess they would prefer not - so I suggest only bring bottled water into the studio space and then we can go eat or get a drink later.

I haven't really worked out how best to divide up the time yet, and don't want to over-think it. But I'm thinking something like...

2 - 2:30 - meet and greet, chit-chat as we drift in
2:30 - 3:30 Be Hector for a day! Not everyone knows every Elektron machine, so maybe a quick demo of each machine for people who've never used/heard it, answer basic questions
3:30 - 4 pm troubleshooting, help each other figure out weird features/ sync problems/ studio headaches
4 - 5 short show & tell, perform a new track or some neat trick you found or even some bug you discovered
5-5:45 a few group jam sessions...or something...
5:45 wrap up, safety check that everyone has all their stuff they came with

Hope this doesn't sound like some big agenda, I'm just thinking about how we can use the time so everyone gets the most out of it, I'm sure it'll just take care of itself on the day. finally I'm cross-posting this to the Elektron Lounge forum so nobody misses it, but discussion should stay in the original thread so we don't mess up the forum more than it already is

Looking forward to see everyone!
  The topic has been locked.
Go to top Post Reply