As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge If you Could Have just one Elektron which would it be? OPEN! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: If you Could Have just one Elektron which would it be? OPEN!
Re:If you Could Have just one Elektron which would it be? OPEN! 10 Years, 10 Months ago
My instruments are rather like "no noo don't let this glass here Ringo..."
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Re:If you Could Have just one Elektron which would it be? OPEN! 10 Years, 10 Months ago
anigbrowl wrote:
So - desert island scenario: - OT with empty card... standalone...

No way! If I have a cable to speakers or headphones, I can plug into the inputs and get some sound source - by touching the other end of the cable I have some electrical noise that is not silence. That is enough to store as a sample, from that I can make waveforms, use the comb filters, resample etc. Or even begin with silence and use the LFO designer trick to create waveforms.

When I started to make sounds I made my very early tracks by putting effects on sine waves and then doing a lot of cutting and pasting over and over in a 2 track audio editor. Of course this is tedious and difficult, but you can work from nothing. Give me a microphone and things will go a lot faster, though
And headphone out to input and/or cue out to input.

Resampling and sampling my own playing and sequencing as phrases and loops is such an important part of my process (even before OT) I'd have to go with that, if I was forced to choose 1.

They're all great audio processors though. (Yet to try MnM, but I have no doubt)

With the MachineDrum it's fun just to build up kits and if I wasn't planning on playing live or could wait to finish a song, that would be my choice. By waitI mean run it into a mixer (or Octatrack!). I have to be able to move those levels live and control effect blends.
King Koopa
Ive had a few MD's, 2 OT's, and a few MNM's, all I have currently is a monomachine, I dont ever see it going anywhere.
id love a MD again, though im sure I will get shunnned for this here, my tempest is my Go to drum machine.
Id love to try an a4 someday
King Koopa
Easily my MD. It's gotten to a point where it's my crutch. From day 1 everything just fell in line with how everything worked inside the gear and my brain. It's such an intuitive machine. Even if elektron releases an MD mkIII with micro-timing and new things, I'd still keep my old MD.

btw, I've owned the sfx-6 and currently own the rest of elektron's gear, so it's not as if I haven't dabbled with the other magic boxes.
Cappy
I'd take the A4 because of it's builtin keyboard and the supervoid reverb...
King Koopa
Just ordered an Octatrack so I'll let you know.

At the moment i'd keep the MD over the A4 if I I was forced to choose.
Chain Chomp
http://venndiagram.ca
Maschine
Monomachine SFX60+ Mk II
Machine SPS1-UW
Analog Four
Octoatrack
Nord Modular G1
Evolver
Korg Z1
Spectralis 2
hard to say - I love all 4 but the one that yields the most surprises for me is still the Monomachine. It must be the most insanely elastic sounding digital creation I have ever gotten my mitts on and is equally as deep as the Octatrack in many ways once you get in under the hood using neighbour tracks, thru machines and so on and so forth.
Much fun to be had.
MK7
Killer Beez
A4, coupled with an iPad for drums. That thing can sound so fat, fine, lush, dirty or dark.
King Koopa
MD SPS-1UW+
Analog FOUR
Renoise 2.8

http://soundcloud.com/doktor-fibonacci
Re:If you Could Have just one Elektron which would it be? OPEN! 10 Years, 9 Months ago
iPad for drums, paired with the A4? Interesting... I keep forgetting it's not 1992... now where is my Fuse album!?
King Koopa
mrsurga.tumblr.com
Re:If you Could Have just one Elektron which would it be? OPEN! 10 Years, 9 Months ago
So - desert island scenario: - OT with empty card... standalone...

Turn on the metronome, press play, sample. Endless potential.
Go to top Post Reply