As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge If you Could Have just one Elektron which would it be? OPEN! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: If you Could Have just one Elektron which would it be? OPEN!
Re:If you Could Have just one Elektron which would it be? OPEN! 10 Years, 10 Months ago
emnine wrote:
All this being said, Monomachine only might not be the best option for Detroit type techno (whatever this may be...).
  The topic has been locked.
Re:If you Could Have just one Elektron which would it be? OPEN! 10 Years, 10 Months ago
The question shouldn't be "If you could have just one ELEKTRON..."; it should be, "If you could have just one KITCHEN UNIT SHOWROOM, which would it be?!"

For me, it's clearly a unit from the guys who are spamming this forum; they have an incredible work ethic and they won't quit until the job is done!

Anyway, to answer the original question, it's "Analog 4" all the way, for me. I could see myself getting two, just because I love designing sounds from the ground-up. The huge bonus is obviously the ability to interface with modular gear...and that opens up an entire universe of possibilities.
Chain Chomp
cold-date 10,191
Given that the MD + OT = all the studio one ever needs for making all of electronica, let alone one subgenre, I can only recommend you get an OT to add to your MD. Then use a rack & pelican case to make them feel like one piece of gear.

When used together they are one piece of gear: my studio, reduced to its heart.

(Tho I should mention I have all four Elektrons and love them all.)
that's definitively a tough question...
i would probably go for the MnM because of its varied features even though it's really hard to choose between all of the Elektron's godies
you can make music with the MnM without the need of any external device... it has almost everything (apart from sampling, but hey, that belongs to the OT right? ) from SID synthesis to vocoder, effects, the bbox, a built in step sequencer, arpeggiator, MIDI sequencer! ...
if the MnM had a sampling feature, it would probably be one of the best synthesizers ever built...
King Koopa
MD SPS-1UW+
Analog FOUR
Renoise 2.8

http://soundcloud.com/doktor-fibonacci
MDUW all the way for me. This machine got me away from the computer and into having fun making music. If this is a dessert Island scenario, I'll need some samples with it as well, lets say 24 good single cycle samples from various instruments for making acid lines, and a couple of drum loops of some good 808 samples (mainly for the toms).

Chain Chomp
SID STATION.
Boo
octatrack, just because i can feed it any sounds and use it to control lots of other things, it is a decent brain and centerpiece but can rock just fine by itself as well
Goomba
A4 just because it seems the most playable and intuitive instrument.

I was up and running straight away with A4 in a shop last week, immediately engrossed, turning knobs, fun. I owned OT and never got to that stage: after 10 sessions working through the manual I was still struggling with the basics.

I loved OT but it kept scowling at me saying mate, you're not that bright. A4 jumped into my arms like Scooby Doo and said I smell like Juan Atkins.
beachowl wrote:
I loved OT but it kept scowling at me saying mate, you're not that bright. A4 jumped into my arms like Scooby Doo and said I smell like Juan Atkins.
Brilliant
Hero of Winds
OP-1 and Ableton Live (everything else is waiting for studio renovations...which are slow since I'm doing it)
stiiiiiiive wrote:
beachowl wrote:
Brilliant

My OT scowls at me the same way: "don't even think of having a pint before you touch me, mate "
Go to top Post Reply