As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Which daw or soft are you using? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Which daw or soft are you using?
Cappy
Which daw or soft are you using? 10 Years, 11 Months ago
Yo, since I play/jam/learn with my elektron I don't use my computer and i'm just curious and interested about hard and soft combination. I want to use my monomachine to sequence and control some daw, vst, etc. tell me your stories!
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
Re:Which daw or soft are you using? 10 Years, 11 Months ago
Ableton Live 9 and Studio One 2.5 for most things here.
Chain Chomp
Digital Performer and Ableton Live (Logic Pro, max/msp and Audacity get used as daw for specific tasks and projects)..
Ableton Live 9
Yoshi
Look at my stuff, and help me obtain my burger
Clips and videos
My elektrons (monomachine, octatrack and machinedrum) are all connected to my vs2400 recorder. So I can do all kinds of weird multitracking tricks.
after that,

I import my recorded tracks and stuffies via a cd into renoise.
which is just the bomb in my book it almost does 99.8% of the things I want my computer to do as a music-tool.. basicly needs better time-stretch/retune tool for complete loops.
no need to cry though.. that's why I got an octatrack

Not a big fan of connecting computers up to hardware sequencers.. sure I made it work in the past.. but.. wasn't exactly a nice workflow for me at the time.. maybe I should have tried one of those specific vst-host programs.. (that's the vst-part of a daw without a daw)
kinda turn my computer into a giant synth instead of.. but. like I said never tried that.
Chain Chomp
Live 9 sound forge pro Mac sound forge PC renoise if I have a minute ......which I never do
Killer Beez
Sensomusic Usine (latest version "Hollyhock" just introduced)

Amazing tool for, as per my methods, a modular environment based integration of hardware and software. Great for tying everything together, for example with Usine as the brain and visual reference I have mutes and scene select per pattern for my OT's,track names per pattern for both OT's and A4, seamless transition to an entirely unique VST chain per bank, 16 variations within each bank, extensive MIDI remapping and modifying, bpm per pattern, OT crossfader tied to A4 Performance knobs per scene etc. etc. Once the songs are built, all control is hands on Elektron hardware for live use with quite a twist.
Cappy
Just yesterday, a friend was telling me about Usine and that people have been doing cool things with it and the Elektrons. I looked at it a bit, but didn't really wrap my head around it. Will probably check out the free version when they post it again.
Ableton Live 9 and Logic Pro 9. Used to craft with Cubase for years, but moved to Mac some months ago and gave a try to Logic to facilitate the projects exchanges with my partner (which is using Logic and Reason ).

My Elektrons machines are connected together, and most of the time I create out of the box on hardware. Then when the draft is ok, I inject everything track by track in the DAW before mixing and some additional effects and gimmicks. I barely pilot/automatize the Elektrons from the DAW (apart from start-stop), so yes retakes are my burden .
Ableton Live 9 and Logic Pro 9. Used to craft with Cubase for years, but moved to Mac some months ago and gave a try to Logic to facilitate the projects exchanges with my partner (which is using Logic and Reason ).

My Elektrons machines are connected together, and most of the time I create out of the box on hardware. Then when the draft is ok, I inject everything track by track in the DAW before mixing and some additional effects and gimmicks. I barely pilot/automatize the Elektrons from the DAW (apart from start-stop), so yes retakes are my burden .
Go to top Post Reply