As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs Re: Machinedrum Science Lab #01: PI (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: Machinedrum Science Lab #01: PI
Admin
Re: Machinedrum Science Lab #01: PI 16 Years, 7 Months ago
Hi everyone.

Are we allowed to upload more than one track? I got so carried away I made three..

Best
Nils
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
MD-UW - SFX-6 - SidStation
batni.tumblr.com
I got a few questions...

-Is the limit 16 PI machines or one kit? (As in, am I allowed to spread the 16 PI machines over several kits? Or perhaps it's okay to use several PI-only kits with 16 machines? )
-And also, is live tweaking allowed for the mp3 recording?

I'm gonna give it a go anyway, but it'd be really nice to get some answers before I get started.

-Ingrid
Admin

Nils wrote:
Hi everyone.

Are we allowed to upload more than one track? I got so carried away I made three..

Best
Nils

Yes. There's no limit to the amount of tracks one can enter.

/a
Admin

ingrid wrote:
I got a few questions...

-Is the limit 16 PI machines or one kit? (As in, am I allowed to spread the 16 PI machines over several kits? Or perhaps it's okay to use several PI-only kits with 16 machines? )
-And also, is live tweaking allowed for the mp3 recording?

I'm gonna give it a go anyway, but it'd be really nice to get some answers before I get started.

-Ingrid

Hi Ingrid. I hope I'm understanding this right. You can place a PI machine on all 16 available slots in one pattern/kit. Now you're welcome to paste the that kit and create new pattern off of it but it needs to be the 16 og sounds you created.

Hope that makes since. 16 PI's to the sky...now march! :-D

/a
Admin

jsrockit wrote:
Wow, now I remember why I stopped doing these... because I suck at them. It is just hard for me to make good music with all my tools at my disposal...lim it them and I just get frustrated.

hrmmm. well, hopefully I can help you to improve you're overall sound design/knob twiddling. I know you're churned out quite a few nice MnM entries before. be the ball, i mean machine

/a
Game & Watch
Yeah, I'll still post it...but... it's like "when doves cry" since I can't make a bassline for it, I just left it out... but it also lacks melody... so it is more like a drum beat and some noise. :-D
Admin
I have nothing against drumbeats and noise :-D
Admin
Drumbeats and noise? That pretty much sounds like 75% of what I listen to. . . bring it!
Admin
Here goes.. I've uploaded three mp3s and a common syx file for them. A mixed bunch of tracks..
The P-I machines are not the most flexible compared to fx the EFM machines. It's almost impossible to churn a decent bass out of them. But as always with the MD, I get suprised

jsrockit wrote:
it's like "when doves cry"

Uh, that's like the best song, ever. So, basslines are overrated.
Go to top Post Reply