As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Block
Chain Chomp
Block 10 Years, 11 Months ago
I would like to be able to completely hide a user's posts, instead of ignoring the whole forum. I've never used this, or had to, but I've seen this option in other forums.

Although a lot of topics and the general athmosphere is completely ruined, I still enjoy reading technical posts, tips and tricks and listening to people's work, I tried communication over PM on this subject, but the message system is broken.

Tanks!
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Check out Jogging House at
soundcloud
tumblr
bandcamp
facebook
Re:Block 10 Years, 11 Months ago
True. Even though it's kinda sad, this option would help to improve the forum. But I think there won't be any changes on this board. Once "Elektronauts" is live, there might be a change for features like this. Don't know when that will happen, though.
There should be an Octatrack written test for new users that you need to pass before you can post.

That way when people say "I've read the manual but..."

Probably reduce noise on the forum by at least 70%
Chain Chomp
In my opinion this forum served a purpose:

- help elektron users out with technical problems

- provide them with tips and tricks

- share work

- discuss music related things

- meet likeminded and creative individuals

To me forums are not an open world system without rules and total freedom, there should be regime and moderation and people should adjust their way of communicating to the forum they participate in. That includes respecting censorship, humor within general accepted bounderies and being constructive to the above mentioned forums purposes.

An added bonus (when I first came here) was a very nice community, where nobody said what they wanted or tried to be funny, but just nerd around about (elektron)gear and their work. There's room for frustration, personal shit and offtopic discussions, maybe even a bit of politics and religion. And I enjoy spelling errors, being a foreigner myself and I don't really care about stupid or repetitive questions. I learned answering them is better than a 'rtfm' reply.. etcetera (point is, I am not a difficult forum member, nor person and I do not like to critique anybody's behaviour)

..the one thing me (chuck d and flavor flav) do not enjoy is garbage. And there's been too much of that for me!

so.. please MTV..
Chain Chomp
Check out Jogging House at
soundcloud
tumblr
bandcamp
facebook
+ 9000 for everything you wrote.
Yes, a block feature would be great.

And I don't know about a test, though part of me secretly likes the idea.

And maybe people could vote down spiteful posts so they aren't seen unless you click to show, like on YouTube. Just seems appropriate, since there are now childish YouTube-comments-like posters on the forum.
King Koopa
I disagree that this forum has no room for humour and pisstaking. I think you should be able to say what you want as long as you do not offend anyone. I always thought of this place as an intelligent electronic muso's forum so the comedy that would ensue would be of a certain calibre. Obviously not lately.
Just goes to show that any old dick can use an Elektron.
I agree that certain individuals can spoil the forum flow but to get uptight like you have some ownership is a bit silly. Just don't bother reading the posts that these individuals write, easy.

As for tests... f**k that! you don't have to be a genius to not be a dick.

It's a cool place to get info, with Elektron getting more popular this place is not going to stay as elite as it was.
I don't think the test idea was serious.

And I don't think there's a problem with humor, it's just that some people's idea of 'humor' or 'freedom of speech' is not appropriate for decent human intercourse. I like to joke around, and I'm definitely a dick sometimes, but homophobia, racism, and sexism are not welcome in my world. If you want to spout hate, go to reddit.
King Koopa
yeah exactly.

Don't worry, I knew the test was a joke.
Chain Chomp
A man's opportunities are never exhausted so long as other men (who are not his friends) possess millions of acres and thousands of tons of gold.
a block button would be a godsend!

every time i read something i personally don't agree with, my panties get in such a bunch! i just don't know what to do. i could try looking away or not reading the posts,, or even realizing its doesn't matter at all and get a life, but i just cant do that!

a block button would save me many bunched panties and rage over reading insensitive things,,,

thank you elektron.
Go to top Post Reply