As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear i need a new drum machine,,,,,,, like yesterday uhmm kayyyy (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: i need a new drum machine,,,,,,, like yesterday uhmm kayyyy
Chain Chomp
Re:i need a new drum machine,,,,,,, like yesterday uhmm kayyyy 11 Years ago
This is the 909 clone. http://www.9090project.co.uk/
As described above, it isn't for a beginner. I had to do some troubleshooting. I do have problems with the snare. The snare noise doesn't get noisy enough, or something. The bassdrum is dangerous and the high hats are like the original (they are sample roms anyway). The toms share the same problem as the snare.

I still love it since I built it. It's in a guitar amp box with an MFOS synth.

It took me a few years to order parts and put it together.

I'm quite interested in the new MFB but definitely getting the new korgs first.
  The topic has been locked.
Killer Beez
3 brown dogs barking at each other....
Cheers ^ seen this'd but there no chance of me building one. Wonder if there will be pre built ones made....

Edit. I mean built ones for sale.
Cappy
Jomox X-Base 09/ 888/ 999
DSI Tempest
Waldorf Rack Attack (maybe
Cappy
dionysiananarchy wrote:
when does the Tanzbär come out? if soon,,, maybe just get it,

I am told it should be available in May.

I'm hoping to be sent a unit once it's ready, so will be make a full review with some decent demo videos

Oh, and Tanzbär means "Dancing Bear"

Alex

ps. I just added a new 'straight-on' image to the website for you guys
http://www.x0xclones.com/mfb-tanzbar-drumcomputer/
Boo
heckadecimal wrote:
No, it does mean dancing bear. Tanzbär, not Tanzbar.

At their messe booth there was a picture of a polar bear doing the macarena or something.

Exactly, actually there was some dispute about the name on a certain german forum, since "dancing bear" also refers to the very crude animal training practice of bears that usually involved conditioning the animal through pain. Its rather historical but there are still some dancing bears e.g. in bulgaria.

Well for me it wouldn't be a deal breaker. I think the polyrhythmic possibilites are possibly the best features ever implemented for a drum machine! I would have called it kongo, or sirius or something. Technology finally adopting afrofuturism!
Chain Chomp
Goomba
Re:i need a new drum machine,,,,,,, like yesterday uhmm kayyyy 10 Years, 11 Months ago
if you don't need a sequencer you can get a jomox airbase for pretty cheap. it's a 1u rack unit and sounds really sick. only downside is editing on the unit itself, but you can edit all the sounds with a midi controller. i finally picked up an octatrack mainly to sequence and edit it and im pretty impressed for the most part

also i cant wait for the volca beats
if you haven't already seen it theres a vid on youtube that was direct recorded
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgJPlxouCYo
sounds pretty sweet !!
Chain Chomp
A man's opportunities are never exhausted so long as other men (who are not his friends) possess millions of acres and thousands of tons of gold.
Re:i need a new drum machine,,,,,,, like yesterday uhmm kayyyy 10 Years, 11 Months ago
I just decided to use loops from vengeance instead of making my own drum sounds, same with the lead, bass, strings and every other sound,,, with the poi bible exception of zapp sounds,,, I gotta justyify my nord modular and. Pittsburgh modular,,,, sure I got them mostly for looks, but they do make sounds..... Just not as good as vengeance .
Cappy
A guy named Dennis Matana actually builds these and his prices are very fair. I can't find the link to his company (Matana Teknik? Technic?), but you can contact him directly here: https://www.facebook.com/dennismatana.

Disclaimer: I've never met him or anything, I just drool over his builds.
Chain Chomp
A man's opportunities are never exhausted so long as other men (who are not his friends) possess millions of acres and thousands of tons of gold.
i cant seem to find any info about the gear,
Go to top Post Reply