As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:My MachineDrum forgot that it has a +Drive (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:My MachineDrum forgot that it has a +Drive
Goomba
My MachineDrum forgot that it has a +Drive 11 Years ago
Hey guys,

I updated to os v 1.63 today (which was actually on my md before, I just thought I could fix some messed up settings) and lost my +Drive on the way.

The Update seemed to go well and after the machinedrum rebooted and I went into my global menu, the snapshot directory under files was gone and with it my sample bank selector.

As the machine is exactly 5 days old and everything was well before the update, I suspect a software related problem.

Selftest states dram and sram are okay.

Did anyone else came across that problem or can give me advice how to get my machine back to full functionality?

Thanks for your help!

Plip
  The topic has been locked.
Re:My MachineDrum forgot that it has a +Drive 11 Years ago
Reinstall the firmware.
Goomba
I did!
I even downgraded to v1.50f and back to v1.63.
No snapshot menus anymore.

Test still says everything is fine.
I contacted Elektron's support. Let's see if they come up with a solution...

Plip
I had the same problem with a new unit. No +drive from day one. Support thought it was a loose connection (hardware fault). I returned the unit to the former owner who bought it and never used it. I can ask him how it went after that.
Goomba
Well, with mine it is different.
Everything was fine at the beginning. I actually switched happily between the snapshots but on the way lost my "factory" presets. Which weren't saved properly on Snap1.
After checking the factory presets on Elektron's website, I realized they obviously have new ones that they don't offer for download.

So the idea was to play the actual os v1.63 over the already existing v1.63 system. Regarding the presets everything went well, but now the snapshot ability is gone.

I really would love to believe in a hardware error, but why does it suddenly appear after the system upgrade? I mean, I didn't even move the machine for the update.

Elektron's support seems to be AWOL. So no help from them till now.

plip
Plip wrote:
Well, with mine it is different.
Everything was fine at the beginning. I actually switched happily between the snapshots but on the way lost my "factory" presets. Which weren't saved properly on Snap1.
After checking the factory presets on Elektron's website, I realized they obviously have new ones that they don't offer for download.

So the idea was to play the actual os v1.63 over the already existing v1.63 system. Regarding the presets everything went well, but now the snapshot ability is gone.

I really would love to believe in a hardware error, but why does it suddenly appear after the system upgrade? I mean, I didn't even move the machine for the update.

Elektron's support seems to be AWOL. So no help from them till now.

plip

I emailed the guy and he said they opened it up and couldn't find any loose contacts. The problem is still there....
Goomba
Thanks for asking him.
Might support my thesis that it is a software issue.
Let's see if Elektron comes up with something.

Plip
Goomba
Support wants me to send the MD in and that's what I am gonna do as soon as I am back in Europe.
Goomba
Re:My MachineDrum forgot that it has a +Drive 10 Years, 7 Months ago
Hey PLIP,

This same issue has happened to me. Did you get any solutions from Elektron?

I just sent them an email - HOPE I don't have to ship this MD to Sweden...
Go to top Post Reply