As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear DL // Machinedrum Morphor for iPad Lemur (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: DL // Machinedrum Morphor for iPad Lemur
King Koopa
Soundcloud
Trinity SH101 Juno6 JX3P cs10 NM1 Z1 K5000s MB33II Ipad3 MicroQ TX81z DX200 WS/AD VZ8m XD5 DP4 Gtrz
Re:DL // Machinedrum Morphor for iPad Lemur 11 Years ago
Thanks MK7 for clearing that up.... wasn't entirely sure I was interpreting your readme correctly regarding the Master scenes.
So your saying that the Morphor will always store in memory (stored variables) the settings.
Thats good news, as is the possibility of morphing lfo dests :-D

I have some other questions regarding what happens when patterns change but will hold off until I get some first hand experience and see what floats.

Cheers!
  The topic has been locked.
MK7
Killer Beez
The Morphor ignores pattern changes in v1.0. In v1.1 it also ignores pattern changes but when pressing the init button, the last states (lower position of the slider) get back to default settings.

@Lfo discussion: i got an idea, it's so obvious that I didn't see it - the morphing process needs alternative waveforms.

EDIT: now I have the slider swinging on screen like a sine wave, pumping massive amounts of data (all CC's on all tracks if you prefer) like the diesel engine of a ship.. this mechanism definitely needs to be handled with care!
MK7
Killer Beez
btw the new version is almost done, currently being tested by some friendly forum colleagues.
Goomba
Hi mk7

I recently got a MD and I'm still trying to figure out how to use it in conjunction with my mpc, etc. could you tell me what this lemur template provides or enhances the MD experience ?

I'm asking because I've been thinking about getting lemur for other duties for a long time now but this could tip me over...

Cheers
b
MK7
Killer Beez
Hey Bafonso,

The MD Morphor adds some features that the MD can't do by itself or which just can't be done on the MD because it's impractical to click so many things in a short period of time.

It reaches from something like CTR-AL to wild modulations which almost sound like audio effects although it's all just MIDI.

@CTR-AL: with bidirectional MIDI in V1.1, you can select tracks on the iPad, say High Tom, Mid Tom, Low Tom, tweak one of them on the MD and all of them are changed simultaneously. For instance, turning the filter knob on one of the toms applies a filter tweak to all three toms, but not all the other tracks on the MD. When using "conventional" CTR-AL (which is one of the greatest features of the MD in my opinion), all tracks are modified, including kicks. This makes CTR-AL difficult to use. My solution is easy and straight-forward, once you have all the MIDI cables plugged in.

Additionally, you can plug an external MIDI controller into the iPad (I use an USB hub plus MIDI merger/splitter). The MD uses quite a lot of CC's and doesn't have an auto track MIDI channel as can be found on OT/A4. With my solution, you just need 8 knobs (e.g., LPD8) and the iPad translates commands from these 8 knobs to MIDI CC and channel needed to tweak a specific track/page.

@effects: just listen to my posts on soundcloud. they don't even use the latest features, where the slider is LFO-modulated. these posts contain enough modulations to even convince long-time MD users

In sum, I think it's a quite sophisticated tool which fills some gaps of the MD. However, if you're completely new to the MD, it might make sense to spend some time just with the MD first and then add the iPad.
Chain Chomp
MD uw
Octatrack
Monomachine mkII +Drive
MK7 wrote:
Hey Bafonso,
@effects: just listen to my posts on soundcloud. they don't even use the latest features, where the slider is LFO-modulated. these posts contain enough modulations to even convince long-time MD users

In sum, I think it's a quite sophisticated tool which fills some gaps of the MD. However, if you're completely new to the MD, it might make sense to spend some time just with the MD first and then add the iPad.

Holy Words!

Go to top Post Reply