As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear DL // Machinedrum Morphor for iPad Lemur (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: DL // Machinedrum Morphor for iPad Lemur
Game & Watch
Re:beta testers? DL // Machinedrum Morphor for iPad Lemur 11 Years ago
i wonder if it would be possible to connect via MK7 template on iLemur on the iPad3 -> connection lead to macbook -> Ableton (or C6 app?) -> FF400 midi out -> Machinedrum midi in ... and then back along the loop from MD out to iLemur in via the macbook?

sorry for party rockin the convoluted question
  The topic has been locked.
MK7
Killer Beez
Yes should be possible. You could even control other stuff on the route, e.g., Ableton live via a second Lemur page.

@brucewayne: I'm gonna send you an email tomorrow. Thx

EDIT: btw, the morphor can be set up to also take care of (some) internal synth machines. Just use 8 mode, selecter parameter page 1 and define some machine-specific parameter scenes to which you can always return when you would like to reset just that track. A lot can be done with that tool in its current state. Several feature ideas came into my mind that can already be achieved with the current interface.
Game & Watch
MK7 wrote:
Test run of the new version, which is capable of much smoother automations:

https://soundcloud.com/marc-und-moritz/10-04-13-another-lemur

Every instrument follows its own route. For instance, when you tweak the pitch of one instrument up, deselect it, tweak the pitch of another instrument down, select both instruments and jump to a scene with medium pitch, they converge to medium pitch, but one instrument starting from high pitch, the other from low pitch (different morphing directions).

Still not managed to check out yr patch yet but the description of yr development sounds fantastic!

So you've managed to get the patch settings from the md to be loaded into lemur? So yr not facing a blank patch but the one actually set up on the md? I really need to take some time out to take a look at that. I'd heard that lemur couldn't handle long enough sysex streams to make it work.
MK7
Killer Beez
No, I just save the last states of all instruments inside lemur. No sysex receive by lemur implemented so far, it just receives knob tweaking data and draws conclusions about track and page where the cc came from.
Game & Watch
MK7 wrote:
t just receives knob tweaking data and draws conclusions

hmm... sounds sentient. o_0

it's aliiiive!
King Koopa
Re:DL // Machinedrum Morphor for iPad Lemur 11 Years ago
hey there,

thanks for mentioning my MDC template.

can´t wait to try morphor this evening, very looking forward to it!

cheers
MK7
Killer Beez
yourmama wrote:
hey there,

thanks for mentioning my MDC template.

can´t wait to try morphor this evening, very looking forward to it!

cheers

nice to meet you!

previewlounge wrote:
MK7 wrote:
t just receives knob tweaking data and draws conclusions

hmm... sounds sentient. o_0

it's aliiiive!

think carefully before you invite that thing to your home!
King Koopa
Soundcloud
Trinity SH101 Juno6 JX3P cs10 NM1 Z1 K5000s MB33II Ipad3 MicroQ TX81z DX200 WS/AD VZ8m XD5 DP4 Gtrz
Hey MK7... been reading through the documentation and getting my head around the scope of this template.... Looks great 'as is'... but some more questions developed:

I understand there are 3 levels of scenes...
"8 x parameter scenes".... for the synth, fx and routing pages. Great.
"8 x arrangement scenes"... for tk selection, tk mutes & tk volumes. Cool.
"8 x Master scenes"... each slot stores 8 parameter scenes, 8 arrangement scenes & slider speed. Means u can access total of 64 parameter & 64 arrangement scenes. Sweet.

My questions regarding...
I wonder can these scenes be saved to a file of some sort, to be recalled in the heat of a live situation? I guess there is no way to tie Master scenes to particular MD patterns/kits but if we could name files as pattern number/kit name then that might be a workaround.

Otherwise do you tend to build scenes on the fly as your jamming?
If so I imagine a one "Master scene" would go quite a long way before needing to move to another.

Wondering if there is any way to access the Delay, reverb, compression and eq effects on another page and setting up an "effect scenes" group also. Just a thought. Might increase the possibility of Midi overload, but a way to mess with delay and reverb parameters specially would be awesome.

Anyway I have got Lemur up and running, and plan to mess around with this over the weekend. Thanks for the hard work.
Game & Watch
something that really jumped out from YM's MDC template was the multiball/pinball functionality ... looked amazing, and the sound previews of these wild pinball screens effecting the MD machine params was super awesome..

still on the fence about Lemur ... one day, one day...

love this extremely rad 'scenes' approach to the Machinedrum ... next level thinking ... Octatrack visits the house of the Machinedrum!
MK7
Killer Beez
@ozone: master scenes only store the selection of parameter and arrangement scenes, so it's only 8 par scenes and 8 arr scenes atm. I'm gonna think about your idea to approach master scenes like banks. My idea of master scenes was different: being able to very quickly select a combination of some buttons&the speed slider (I also add the 24 to the set of stored variables), precisely for the heat of a live situation. right now, the morphor is very much geared towards live tweaking, not just store a large amount of presets. I'm gonna think about your interpretation nonetheless, thx for posting!

@previewlounge: you're right, the MDC template makes sounds very alive with its multiballs. however, multiballs don't really fit into my approach, where all parameter automations are controlled by one single variable: slider position. I'm thinking about another way to get sounds more alive: a forth parameter page which controls the settings (wave, dest) of those nice 16 LFO's in the MD! this feature will come for sure but not sure if in v1.1 morphing lfo destinations, yummy
Go to top Post Reply