As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear micron as controller for MM? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: micron as controller for MM?
Boo
Current \'gear\': Korg Legacy controller, Launchpad, Renoise.
micron as controller for MM? 18 Years, 11 Months ago
how well would something like the alesis micron work as a contoller for the sfx-60? form factor-wise, the two side by side almost match the sfx-6. would one be able to use any of the programmable knobs for the MM? micron owners?

it seems that having these two might be worth it over the sfx-6. the micron is multitimbral and could utilize the other 6 tracks of the MM.
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
Re: micron as controller for MM? 18 Years, 11 Months ago
I'm sure the Micron would be a fine controller for the SFX-60. It really depends on what you want to. If you feel that you need more timbral options than you think the Mono will give, you then having the Micron would be great. Sequencing the Micron from the Mono would be a snap. You could make the Micron transmit on the Mono's Auto Track channel. That way, the track that is in focus on the Monomachine, be it internal or MIDI, would sound when you played they keyboard.
King Koopa
It's a nice mate, i had the ion which is almost the same but with more knobs. Bare in mind you can do 4 parts multitimbral. So then you got 2 midi machines left
Killer Beez
the micron is great, but Alesis really needs to release some sort of graphic editor for it - there is a lot of potential in there, but its all buried in menus and there are just a few knobs to sort it all out. My roomate has one, and is kinda frustrated with the editing part - I mean, the presets are good - but I am positicve that the machine has a lot more potential than that.
*sorry, wrong topic*
King Koopa
That what's the ion for I sold mine a few weeks ago. It's a nice machine but VA syntesis is not for me anyway. (digital )
and just what do you think the MD and MnM are? they ain't analogue, buddy!
King Koopa
No i mean it's too analog for me i love digital
oh, right on. me too :-D

I just thought that you were implying the opposite; since you're all about the 303 sound and all...
King Koopa
Yeah, that true.

I also like that sort of stuff, but the ion has the analog emulation of moogs,and that sort of vintage synths.
Don't get me wrong it's a hell of a synth although it takes alot of time to construct a sound, not like building one on the Mono.

So the ion just won't do for my MD freakyness As I think of it, I don't care if it's analog of digital aslong as it's making good sounds
Go to top Post Reply