As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox Music friends online - sharing tracks and advice (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Music friends online - sharing tracks and advice
Boo
Music friends online - sharing tracks and advice 11 Years, 2 Months ago
Hey everyone. I just want to know if anyone else is in the same boat. I am living in a place where I don't really know any other people to make music with. I've tried connecting with others. Posting ads on forums and then meeting them. But really, it's hard for me to make music with someone without ever connecting with them in the first place. Some people just want to start a band and go. I used to play with a band when I had a machinedrum but now am rocking it solo with a Tempest. I know, traitor. Anyway I don't really care what musical gear people use as some perhaps, but whatever works.

So I was hoping to find some people online who would perhaps be into sharing tracks and offering sincere advice. Parts too long/like this part/don't like this part...etc.

I'm on Soundcloud but I find most people are basically like "Awesome" "Great track...". Well that's nice and all but I guess sometimes I like honest feedback too. I would prefer stuff that's not like...damn what were you thinking...But hey I trust you're nice enough to criticize in a not so harsh way.

Anyway, I am making mostly electronic music with hardware. Adding guitar. I haven't added vocals to any of my recent songs but am considering going in that direction again. I like stuff like Legowelt, LCD Soundsystem, The Smiths. I kind of want to make tracks simple enough but have development and layers. I guess in the end I've found it's all about fewer really good parts as opposed to throwing too much into a mix.

If anyone has like minded interests, likes any element of my music, etc, perhaps we can connect on Soundcloud. I'll post a track I just uploaded today.

So if you ever want to connect don't hesitate. Perhaps we could even enter into a collaboration if we are like-minded/on the same page musically.
  The topic has been locked.
Hero of Winds
KIKOSHO FASHO
Re:Music friends online - sharing tracks and advice 11 Years, 2 Months ago
Hey amigo,

I think a website called "tapes.fm" would be of interest to you. I plan to fully dive-in and record live drums for some of the user uploaded tapes after I finish up my current album. It's a really fresh approach to making music over the 'net, and I think the site will blossom into something amazing!
Yoshi
Look at my stuff, and help me obtain my burger
Clips and videos
Hiya mate..

i am busy with my own stuff, but.. there is always a spare moment to be found.
just grab my long hair.. if you want an opinion..

but i do get your point.. most electronic musicians i know are eh loners..
it has something to do, with "they only need themselve" to make music..
and well.. constructive criticism is a nice one.. something u will never get
from friends.. they can only tell you if they like it yes/no

and well.. i got to the point , that stuff what i make, has my seal of aproval
so i care less and less what others think of it.. and care more and more how to find
fans.. people who enjoy it.. because. in the end.. i do it for me, and on the second place for people who like my style (i got 10 fans .. i dont want the new summerhit
or sound like dj tiesto (or fill in what ever name)

anyways, if you grab my hair.. i will have a good listen to whatever you send me.
Boo
the dreammer wrote:
Hiya mate..

but i do get your point.. most electronic musicians i know are eh loners..
it has something to do, with "they only need themselve" to make music..

It's kind of a long video and I'm not really a Moby fan to begin with but he illustrates your point in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9q48UlfD1w

We are all nerds who play with computers and grew up reading Star Trek books according to Moby. Well I didn't really read the books, but do like me a good Star Trek.

I tried getting into tapes.fm. When I sent them my email information they said they'd get back to me.

Thanks for your replies. I just keep working at it and hope some kind of collaboration will come about. Maybe us electronic musicians all just want to have *complete* control of everything. Anyone miss the human element of "jamming" out ideas? Sometimes it's fun but sometimes people get stupid and want to be the star.
Hero of Winds
KIKOSHO FASHO
That is strange about Tapes.FM...

I do understand it's in the beta test at the moment, but there still should be no waiting.
What e-mail did you sign up with? I can ask the guy who got it going to see what happened.
Yoshi
Clips and videos
claps in braille wrote:

We are all nerds who play with computers and grew up reading Star Trek books according to Moby. Well I didn't really read the books, but do like me a good Star Trek.

Well then we got 2 things in common..
i did not read the books, but i love the show
Boo
"Do the Fidget..." video is so effin fantastic. I'll be your fan. Also they did reply to me eventually on tapes.fm it was just delayed by like 8 hours. Haven't had time to start using it though.
Yoshi
Clips and videos
claps in braille wrote:
"Do the Fidget..." video is so effin fantastic. I'll be your fan. Also they did reply to me eventually on tapes.fm it was just delayed by like 8 hours. Haven't had time to start using it though.

Thank you.. hooray.. i got 11 fans now I like making video's and stuff
kinda thinking about doing for other people as well.. but still working on the format howto
do that efficiently.. But kinda same problem as the music.. its a lonely workplace when your actually working on it.. not allot of tasks you can share over the internet, unless your a really good team. ah well.. keeps ya busy

nice that you heard of that tapes.fm, Get your things going..
good luck
Go to top Post Reply