As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Site Suggestions Re:Suggestion: Separate Sections for MD / MnM / OT (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Suggestion: Separate Sections for MD / MnM / OT
King Koopa
Re:Suggestion: Separate Sections for MD / MnM / OT 13 Years, 3 Months ago
I like the community feel of a single forum too!

One idea is to have a drop down selection box on new topics, MD, MnM, Octatrack & General and you have to choose one related to the device you're asking about before you can submit. Then have a filter selection box under the search field, when you select one without a search term it brings up all the threads relating to that device. Then you could search within those results.
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
Dalski wrote:

One idea is to have a drop down selection box on new topics, MD, MnM, Octatrack & General and you have to choose one related to the device you're asking about before you can submit. Then have a filter selection box under the search field, when you select one without a search term it brings up all the threads relating to that device. Then you could search within those results.

This type of tagging/filtering would be great and should be fairly easy to implement via fireboard. best of both worlds, one big happy elektron family with ability to navigate to all the useful info more easily

Nice suggestion Dalski
Game & Watch
Dalski wrote:

Ooooh... that's a good idea.
Killer Beez
Re:Suggestion: Separate Sections for MD / MnM / OT 13 Years, 2 Months ago
+1 for Dalslki's plan. Otherwise, at very least, separate feature request sections for each instrument.
Yes! Daliski's idea is way better than my suggestion!
+1 for filtering!
Game & Watch
cool idea, although how about just make a forum section called "Octatrack"?

and the other "Elektron Gear" relates to Machinedrum, Monomachine, Turbo Midi, and the venerable ninja Sidstation.
Cappy
SPS-1 UW+ MkII
SFX-60+ MkII
DPS-1
Re:Suggestion: Separate Sections for MD / MnM / OT 13 Years, 1 Month ago
previewlounge wrote:
cool idea, although how about just make a forum section called "Octatrack"?

and the other "Elektron Gear" relates to Machinedrum, Monomachine, Turbo Midi, and the venerable ninja Sidstation.

Either this or Dalski's earlier suggestion would be very helpful given the number of Octatrack threads that are being posted.
Re:Suggestion: Separate Sections for MD / MnM / OT 13 Years, 1 Month ago
i made a similar suggestion a while ago and it was turned down. i guess eventually the OT traffic will die down and things will get back to normal but i think over time it'll be easier to find old threads and stuff and keep track of things if each machine has a sub forum...

just a thought.
Cappy
Pourquoi restez-vous là à regarder le ciel ?
Re:Suggestion: Separate Sections for MD / MnM / OT 12 Years, 1 Month ago
i think that separate sections by machine for specific posts concerning only this machine would be a great improvement and really time-saving.
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
Re:Suggestion: Separate Sections for MD / MnM / OT 12 Years, 1 Month ago
It's coming in the new forum.
Go to top Post Reply