As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs New Science Lab's... (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: New Science Lab's...
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
Re: New Science Lab 16 Years, 8 Months ago
alright, it was just a suggestion, nothing serious
but thanks a ton for doing this anyways!
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
another idea, starting with a syx-file (1 pattern + 1 kit) then the lab is about using song mode, and maybe lfo tracks as well, to remix it to something new!
Chain Chomp
Yeah I was thinking about something similar. I think we should allow the participants to create their own pattern though. Maybe sounds as well? So the restriction would be:

one pattern, no live-tweaking, use song-mode
Boo

daswesen wrote:
Yeah I was thinking about something similar. I think we should allow the participants to create their own pattern though. Maybe sounds as well? So the restriction would be:

one pattern, no live-tweaking, use song-mode

Then I think 1 kit would be the natural starting point, from that you make not more than 1 pattern and using lfo and song mode to make it into something musical?
Chain Chomp
sounds cool!
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
what about turning the volume all the way down and making random sounds (tweaking all the parameters) and then sequencing it (still, no volume)
and then recording the results?
Boo

hageir wrote:
what about turning the volume all the way down and making random sounds (tweaking all the parameters) and then sequencing it (still, no volume)

That?s very funny, this is getting out of control... so, how about sitting blindfolded for 30 minutes with your hands tied! :-D
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com

HBINC wrote:

hageir wrote:

That?s very funny, this is getting out of control... so, how about sitting blindfolded for 30 minutes with your hands tied! :-D

yeah, and wearing nothing but a tanktop with a light shining in our face, all beat up and gagged
Boo
after about 2 weeks of discussion around "the next lab" some pretty interesting point can be made...

- md and mm, use them together but dont compare them, they dont like when we do that
- too many lab ideas lead to violence and a better elektron user site
- its better to get the beat up than just get beat up
- elektron user prefer to lab wearing tanktops and blindfolds
- that digipro beatbox vs e12 was a really good one, but fell on the "no mm vs md" rule
- the lab ego-o-meter is currently on "chill"
- the lab-o-meter is currently "luke warm"
- it will probably take awhile until we lab again!

...Silence Lab :-D
Admin
oh HBINC, i'm not sure how to respond to your ploys...

so far, aside from muttering, it seems we need to get back on track and have 3 Science Labs:

Monomachine
Machinedrum
Machinedrum UW

this is originally why i started the thread and restated that same point on page #2. i am not trying to knock your fun or rebel rousing HBINC but if you want to hold your WWF MnM vs. MD(UW) wank war then do it. i'm not preventing that at all. start a thread, create you parameters or lack of, give start and a end date and i'll make it a sticky. i can also setup the poll come close.

now on to the Labs, i am happy to go ahead and create a new UW sample set for the next uw lab. >> done (give me a couple of days), or we can use daswesen's suggestion: use only 3 tracks (so 3 different machines), and 3 ctrl machines. no rom nor ram machines.

this idea seems interesting too: "another idea, starting with a syx-file (1 pattern + 1 kit) then the lab is about using song mode, and maybe lfo tracks as well, to remix it to something new!" but someone would need to supply the OG pattern + kit, and preferably not enter

____

anyway, you guys are the community and participants. i'm fine to choose for you and we've done it that way in the past a few times. i just thought i'd let you all way-in on this new batch of LABS.

i love you all, lets be merry. :-D
Go to top Post Reply