As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Sounds Analog to Me (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Sounds Analog to Me
Goomba
Re:Sounds Analog to Me 11 Years, 5 Months ago
Vader77 wrote:

Will the OS be v1.0 on release?

this is very important on the basis of past experience with Octatrack ... I would not like to be a beta tester for my money. Or special discount -20% until stable version...
  The topic has been locked.
I'll happily beta test.
Chain Chomp
Well, if they do not release it soon, it will not be in your hands while you sip on eggnog, smell your tree and kiss under your mistletoe...

When the holiday season nears everything sloooooooooows down.

I was ready to pull the trigger on a Pittsburgh Modular Foundation, but since all this hype, I have held off on it. If this thing is not out by December 1st then hello Foundation.

I am definitely loving the sounds of this thing, but hey the Foundation also sounds lovely.
Chain Chomp
http://venndiagram.ca
Maschine
Monomachine SFX60+ Mk II
Machine SPS1-UW
Analog Four
Octoatrack
Nord Modular G1
Evolver
Korg Z1
Spectralis 2
orwell wrote:
demos sound amazing
doubt it will have a sampling machine
analog elektron all the way - amazing concept
really 4th quarter release, I doubt it

If its a combination of old and new I doubt it's 100% Analog myself.
It may have for example 4 Mono Analog voices for 4 mono parts - 1 Poly part of 4 notes or any combination in between (at the moment we're just speculating) but if it married that with sampling (sound on sound loop recording) + say an FM engine and the effects meant you could route those back into an analog filter and process it with both analog and digital effects.
That would indeed be something quite special.
Personally I'd imagine it to be a hybrid of the Octatrack/Mono/MD with analog processing via filters, eg's, lfo's etc with the ability to sequence both Midi and CV gear.
Throw in a flexible delay unit, bit reduction, reverb, ring modulator, chorus and amplitude modulation and it would easily produce the sort of BBC Radiophonic workshop inspired demo's that are currently on the page.
If it had the OT sequencer that would in many respects be a massive bonus.
That said I could be totally off the mark.
So far it's all speculation and conjecture really unless you're in the know and if are then you're probably laughing your ass off at all of use trying to guess what it is.
I personally would love it to have 6 stereo inputs for processing any combo of the Elektron line of products with analog filters, envelope gens, lfo's, effects and a totally P-Lockable sequencer that could do more tricks along the lines of the OT with step lengths and time sigs.
AmorSinFronteras wrote:
Vader77 wrote:

this is very important on the basis of past experience with Octatrack ... I would not like to be a beta tester for my money. Or special discount -20% until stable version...

No one actually forced you to buy one on release, did they ?

MK7
Killer Beez
SecretMusic wrote:
AmorSinFronteras wrote:
Vader77 wrote:

I think most of the guys here are so impatient that the release date is more important than anything else.
Chain Chomp
MK7 wrote:
SecretMusic wrote:
AmorSinFronteras wrote:
Vader77 wrote:

I think most of the guys here are so impatient that the release date is more important than anything else.

no but I'm wondering if I should hold te cash I'm putting aside for something else and if I'll be waiting another six months to get a stable fully functional machine if i go with the elektron

if this isnt the case I'll wait and see but im not buying into the elektron hype machine especially after the Octatrack
Chain Chomp
Its the same with all other cool gear. I've been beta testing a tempest for more than a year now.
King Koopa
I will happilly pay MORE to be a beta tester. It means they are building the OT with my feedback and making it even work even more how I'd like it to. Some of the coolest features have been the results of beta tester feedback.
Boo
ortiza2007 wrote:

I was ready to pull the trigger on a Pittsburgh Modular Foundation, but since all this hype, I have held off on it. If this thing is not out by December 1st then hello Foundation.

Yeah I m in the same situation. The Foundation was on top of my list....
The good thing on the Foundation is that there will be no more OS updates .
It works as is
I m a little afraid that it takes another 6 month for the new elektron box to work properly.
It is a good marketing strategy to keep people away from other products but December will be my latest option too

On the other hand I really have to say that Elektron build magic machines
Go to top Post Reply