As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Sounds Analog to Me (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Sounds Analog to Me
King Koopa
Re:Sounds Analog to Me 11 Years, 5 Months ago
Didn't they say this would be the first in a family? My guess is an analog successor to the machinedrum.
  The topic has been locked.
Hero of Winds
OP-1 and Ableton Live (everything else is waiting for studio renovations...which are slow since I'm doing it)
teledanz wrote:
the question remains: What will Elektron's next machine be?
LOL!! The instant gratification generation....I wanna know what they're planning *after* the next machine that comes after the A4!?!?!
Game & Watch
teledanz wrote:
the question remains: What will Elektron's next machine be?

an analog drum machine, of course
Ok....dammit.....despite all my protestations....PREORDERED

( Its what credit cards are for, innit ??! )
Hero of Winds
OP-1 and Ableton Live (everything else is waiting for studio renovations...which are slow since I'm doing it)
Victor Star wrote:
Didn't they say this would be the first in a family? My guess is an analog successor to the machinedrum.
Good guess, I really hope there'an analogue MD coming. What about the family member after that? Analog OT, using real spring reverb and multi-track tape for the tracks?
King Koopa
Dalski wrote:
louvega wrote:
Ok, there's nothing behind the tree.

http://i.imgur.com/13udK.png

People at Elektron HQ must be laughing at every guess we make.

After posting my last message I took another look at that part of the video. Notice how the "level" knob to the left of the display is aligned with the top of the screen, that device is a prototype as on the official image that has been released, the "level" knob is clearly aligned central to the display...the question is how much has the final design changed from the prototype? Could be anything up in that corner now!

An analog volume controller!! Get ready for some epic manual side chain style performances with that bad boy, can't believe they've added that...and the best bit is, it's completely global for all sounds simultaneously! Shit just got real!!!

I'm off to practice my timing.

Cappy
www.soundcloud.com/kotare
MD UW, A4, Monomachine MK I, Yamaha CS-50, Chroma Polaris, SH-1000, EPS, ESQ-1, ASR10, MBase01, SP-404sx + 808
Shit just got real!!!

Ha!!
Cappy
I love smthg like that.
I ask, I get a direct answer from the universe =)

Vader77 wrote:
maelstrom wrote:
Shipping on 3rd of December, yet there is no possibility to preorder yet -
I remember having preordered th OT about a month before shipping.
(price and specs well known at that point).

What do you guys think? 3rd December really possible?

*GAS*

I just hope we get something useable with v1.0. It all seems out of the blue and too good to be true tbh.
Goomba
I really cannot believe that they repeated the same mistake as the OT and omitted multiple outputs for each of the 4 voices.

Very silly or in Elekton's case, stubborn.
Cappy
joechip wrote:
I really cannot believe that they repeated the same mistake as the OT and omitted multiple outputs for each of the 4 voices.

That would have been really useful. They could have stacked up the outputs vertically, like the OT, so it's not a question of space... maybe just something they left out to bring down the price.

While we're talking about a shortage of outputs, it looks like the CV/Gate outputs come in pairs. Any ideas how that will work? Maybe an insert cable (TRS>TS+TS) will be needed, splitting the CV and Gate signals? Also not sure how you get four CV outputs with one CV sequencer track. Hopefully there are more outputs for things like LFOs. With no manual yet to explain these things I'm holding off on a preorder for fear of special "limitations" disguised as features.
Go to top Post Reply