As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Sounds Analog to Me (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Sounds Analog to Me
Cappy
Re:Sounds Analog to Me 11 Years, 5 Months ago
Gribs wrote:
The price will depend on what is analog and what is not, complexity of voices, signal path, any digital voices added in, etc. Will this be a MnM replacement with analog voices added to a digital synth or an entirely new device that turns the trinity into a fab four?

considering their heritage it seems likely to be some digital parts (the future?!), though I really hope that the four voices have analogue signal paths with separate outputs (four?), the fact that it seems to somehow handle CV is the most intriguing missing piece of the puzzle for me right now!
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
Here is a less obstructed view of the background image from the teaser site:

http://i46.tinypic.com/111pmo1.jpg

One thing that this reveals (in addition to the CV and (analog?) effects modes) is it has six tracks like the monomachine.

-cm
Goomba
nice picture! well spotted
Cappy
Actually now that I see the new picture it is def a single octave keyboard
Game & Watch
Gribs wrote:
The price will depend on what is analog and what is not, complexity of voices, signal path, any digital voices added in, etc. Will this be a MnM replacement with analog voices added to a digital synth or an entirely new device that turns the trinity into a fab four?

If this *is* a four voice analog synth with sequencer, then how many oscillators per voice? The Tempest is basically something like six mono-evolver voices with some of the LFOs exchanged for extra envelopes. That is four oscillators (two analog, two digital) per voice. Will this new guy from Elektron have similarly stacked voices?

I think they keep the audio path analog, the rest would be digital (envelopes, LFOs)
Cappy
ahh a new monomachine ...nice
Chain Chomp
http://venndiagram.ca
Maschine
Monomachine SFX60+ Mk II
Machine SPS1-UW
Analog Four
Octoatrack
Nord Modular G1
Evolver
Korg Z1
Spectralis 2
dataline wrote:
Vader77 wrote:
but if it has a proper Elektron sequencer then anythings possible

Just wait...

Can't wait - by the way your Elektron youtube demo's tipped over decision wise into getting an MD and a MnM - don't know if I really need the Octatrack with machine in tow but I may just sell my Leipzig and Tenori On (Silver with stand / midi cables and audio jacks) to get this one I think.

Looking tasty.
Boo
Only speculations, but:
6 tracks might suggest 4analog machines + 2 digital machines.
the digital machines could be digital oscillators (MM style) or FXs to be used in drop chains as in the octatrak using Follow machines (6 tracks).
Also the tracks could be used with complex CV and fx routings.
Let's not forget that this is suppose to be the first of a new line of products, therefore I can see additional modules and voices to be added in the near future.
Sounds very sexy and expensive, lets hope for the Elektron HQ to spill their beans as soon as possible... christmas is approaching!!
Hero of Winds
OP-1 and Ableton Live (everything else is waiting for studio renovations...which are slow since I'm doing it)
^ I dunno...I don't think Elektron will break tradition and tie machines to tracks (even if only in numbers)...I expect a variety of oscillator machines (analog and digital) with some choice of filtering (analog and digital machines there as well?) and envs, combined with the usual sequencer p-locking yumminess. Whatever it is, it will be unique.
12 total tracks 6 internal and 6 external. External are CV or midi, 4 CV outs & 2 midi outs. The standard configuration for the internal synth: one track for each voice and two for effects.
Go to top Post Reply