As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Allen and Heath Zed R16 second major problem (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Allen and Heath Zed R16 second major problem
Chain Chomp
http://soundcloud.com/pixelife
Re:Allen and Heath Zed R16 second major problem 11 Years ago
Oh and another weird thing?

Though I can work around this..

4 or 5 of the channels when playing through them and having the MIDI fader button engaged, that button seems to function as a PFL button!! WTF?
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
Thanks for the replies guys.

Yeah, im gutted about this, since upgrading from an old Mackie 24;4 ive loved it...functionality is second to none in this price range.
I think its almost certainly psu related seen as the lights are dim and not enough power for firewire, im based in the UK and have a few mates who know the guys at A&H so fingers crossed i can get it sorted.
Not jumping the gun here but i've been keeping my eye on the Behringer x32...theyrs bringing out a compact version which could be intersting. Im aware of Behringers reputation for making budgwet stuff but the partnership with Midas and Klark Technic on this thing may well be worth checking out.

Anybody had a look at any of these??
Chain Chomp
I am really put off by the iPhone resting pad on that Behringer. Maybe that is just me, but I don't see that board aging well.

Also if you are under a year since purchase for the R16 you are covered under warranty.

But if you are not and if you push, like I did, you may be able to get them to cover it.
Cappy
Yep that iphone resting pad is just gimmiky ...puts me off too, cant help but be interested in looking at what price the compact version hits at though. Massive feature set, getting some great revues...alot of people put off by the stigma of the Behringer quality control but this seems like they are really pushing that aside.

That said though I'll most likely be sticking with the R16 for the time being, saving my pennies for an A4! Just hope its not gonna be an expensive fix, bought it second hand so no warranty.
Chain Chomp
On the bright side. I think the part itself is around 120.00 and it's about an hour of bench time. A pretty easy fix.
Cappy
Studio downtime is a pisser though....hate not being able to get in there!!
Cappy
Zed R16 repair bill = £209.75.

Not overly impressed with customer service, paid extra for next day delivery, which should have got there last Wednesday before 12pm...only had contact with them yesterday after i'd sent a few emails asking for a progress report. Asked them when it arrived this morning and they said they'll have a look but dont keep a record of it!

Not even a report on the problem, just a bill for the repair!

Not overly impressed, it was sent back to Audio-Techinica though not Allen & Heath.

Go to top Post Reply