As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear mobile use - powering Octatrack from battery? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: mobile use - powering Octatrack from battery?
Re:mobile use - powering Octatrack from battery? 11 Years, 6 Months ago
solitud wrote:
Many thanks to all the input! I think this Tekkeon device is the one I am looking for.
But still have to find a shop which sells one in Europe/Germany...

definitively post your findings here. there'll probably be other people interested as well
  The topic has been locked.
Kong
mr. applehead
BirdsInBranches wrote:
Yep, the link above is the best info.

Only danger is how addicted you get to battery freedom!
I now run my live rig on two of these batteries, and have another for OTing while travelling or on the balcony.
Don't think I've used the elektron power supply in 6 months.

The tekkeon ones aren't cheap but seem good quality. I got mine here:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/618847-REG/Tekkeon_MP3450I_myPower_ALL_Plus_MP3450i.html

+1, running two of these

tip

usa supply, ordered from australia fast delivery.
legendary units make sure you get the mp3450i
Chain Chomp
What's the battery life like with the Tekkeon and OT?

Might convince me to get an OP-1 if I can use the OT portably too.
Yoshi
neonleg wrote:
usa supply, ordered from australia fast delivery.
legendary units make sure you get the mp3450i

What was the landed damage to Oz? (Main site is down)
Cappy
Mine just arrived...works great!
Goomba
Hi all, sorry for the delay.

Yes the 3450i comes with the appropriate tip, and the charger is a universal power supply like for a laptop - should work anywhere with the right plug lead.

Agreed 3450i is the one to get - you just set the voltage with some dip switches and never think about it again (other than plugging it in when it gets low).

I had problems with the charger power supplies for some reason - two died. Bought a different laptop charger on ebay and it works fine, seems more robust - even charging two batteries at once with a splitter. You can charge it with a range of voltages, but 6V from the Elektron power supply is too low.

Just to be clear I had my problems only with the power supply that comes with the battery to charge it - the batteries themselves have all been very solid.

Prices seem to have varied - I know I paid more than the bh photo price I posted before.

Haven't timed it running flat on the OT actually, but I'd guess 4-5 hours...? If anyone else has experimented I'd be interested to hear.

It even gives nice loud beeps when it's really low to let you know to save your project before it goes flat. Saved me a couple of times when I lost track of time

Finally, one single battery will fit in the front packet of the Elektron Carry Case with your favourite ear buds. Convenient freedom!
Go to top Post Reply