As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox MiniCommand's "Euclid Generator" via another source? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: MiniCommand's "Euclid Generator" via another source?
Re:MiniCommand's 11 Years, 7 Months ago
RubixGroove wrote:
I've heard a lot about MaxMSP but I've never actually seen what it is. Guessing it's an open-source software that handles MIDI?

Max/MSP isnt... but PureData is .... long story short is that PD is a open-source version of Max/MSP.

I am working a lot with generative music at the moment, using Java and PureData (libpd). that would indeed be possible in that combination.. you could even program it for the iPad
  The topic has been locked.
Yoshi
Re:MiniCommand's "Euclid Generator" via another source? 11 Years, 7 Months ago
There is also a Ruby script floating around which will output 1s and 0s, then you will have to manually enter them into your machine.
Hero of Winds
KIKOSHO FASHO
I'd love to be able to program things like this but unfortunately, I do not think I can and do not have the time to learn it! Ahh guess I'll have to wait and figure something out.
Hero of Winds
KIKOSHO FASHO
Whoa... been trying to mess around with Puredata. Been about 7 minutes... think I'm done with that.
Boo
Octatrack
NORD 2x
QY700
foul language
LSDJ
Canon Starwriter 25
RubixGroove wrote:
Whoa... been trying to mess around with Puredata. Been about 7 minutes... think I'm done with that.

yeah PD and Max take alot of hard work :-
check out my sequencer:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa3_gzsv91s
Boo
Octatrack
NORD 2x
QY700
foul language
LSDJ
Canon Starwriter 25
MaxMsp is alot easier to get into tho. The documentation for PD is so scattered. MaxMsp has a PDF manual and simple tutorials to start on.
Hero of Winds
KIKOSHO FASHO
Yo Manning - for some reason that link is for a private video. Link me your nasties on accident?
Boo
Octatrack
NORD 2x
QY700
foul language
LSDJ
Canon Starwriter 25
Hero of Winds
KIKOSHO FASHO
Outside of the Euclid Generator - does anyone know of a interesting/fun/weird sequencer that's outside of the normal 4/4 16-beat programming? Doesn't matter if it's hardware or software!
Hero of Winds
KIKOSHO FASHO
That sequencer seems fun! Are you sequencing Reason (saw the Dr. Rex)?
I'd love to be able to do something like that with the drums, change the sequence, make it non-linear with some weird effects just REALLY unsure how to go abouts this. I'm a drummer so that's the most important thing for me, when creating music alone anyway! Holler.
Go to top Post Reply