As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear TRINITY MIDI CC CHART (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: TRINITY MIDI CC CHART
Re:TRINITY MIDI CC CHART 11 Years, 2 Months ago
Hi,

Just bought a Bitstream for Euro 150,-

When I read the specs I knew it was an overlooked piece of awesomeness. You'll have to dive in, but then it will do anything you want. I'm still searching how to combine the OT, A4 and MD with it though. I have to detrmine which parameters are best to control from the Bitstream and which will be controlled from the machines. Right now I control the volumes of the A4 with the sliders. I control the 4 tracks with the 4 rows of knobs (F1, F2, AF, DF, LFOsp, LFOdepth, RVRB, DLAY). I use the crossfader, ribbon and Joystick for some of the performance macro's of the A4.

I'm also thinking of a group to control all parameters of my Shruti-1.

Any thoughts about this?
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Interesting Rhythmic Devices That Seem To Counterpoint The Surrealism Of The Underlying Metaphor. DA RIP
Re:TRINITY MIDI CC CHART 11 Years, 1 Month ago
Nice one reovolt, yes it is an overlooked piece of kit. Very capable machine. I don't tend to duplicate functions on the Elektron machines, instead use it for combos. So say fader 1 is Kik, 2 Sn, 3 HH, then 4 is Bass on the MM. I would tie those faders together so dropping fader 4 drops the lot. Using this principle with say pitch on one fader, filter env on another etc. can lead to some really interesting results. Kinda like having the cross fader function of the OT on your other machines
Check out the melodic & rhythmic libraries on there too, bit awkward to access but well worth it. Lfo & arp are great too!

Will get around to updating the Trinity chart with A4 CC info ASAP. Very busy at the mo.

Will be really interested to see how you get on with the bitstream dude
Re:TRINITY MIDI CC CHART 11 Years, 1 Month ago
BlueWolfSe7en wrote:
Nice one reovolt, yes it is an overlooked piece of kit. Very capable machine. I don't tend to duplicate functions on the Elektron machines, instead use it for combos. So say fader 1 is Kik, 2 Sn, 3 HH, then 4 is Bass on the MM. I would tie those faders together so dropping fader 4 drops the lot. Using this principle with say pitch on one fader, filter env on another etc. can lead to some really interesting results. Kinda like having the cross fader function of the OT on your other machines
Check out the melodic & rhythmic libraries on there too, bit awkward to access but well worth it. Lfo & arp are great too!

Will get around to updating the Trinity chart with A4 CC info ASAP. Very busy at the mo.

Will be really interested to see how you get on with the bitstream dude

Great idea's. I will let them sink in and see what I can come up with. I'm thinking on creating a single workflow for all three machines so they can function as one large groovebox sustem for Live duties. I need to set up a certain structure so the same tracks will do the same things in every pattern. exciting ideas ahead

I will keep you updated.

If I can assist writing the document please let me know.
Re:Trinity CC chart 11 Years ago
you may want to have a look here as well unless you sorted things out
Goomba
Re:TRINITY MIDI CC CHART 10 Years, 10 Months ago
Thanks for the chart!

Just set up my UC33e to control effects sends and the parameters of the reverb & delay. Amazing how much more expressive it has become having instant access at all times, can't believe I didn't try it sooner! I'm not so worried about the losing control of the delay feedback anymore haha.
Chain Chomp
Interesting Rhythmic Devices That Seem To Counterpoint The Surrealism Of The Underlying Metaphor. DA RIP
Re:TRINITY MIDI CC CHART 10 Years, 10 Months ago
My pleasure Freund.
Hopefully ill have some time off in Aug so ill try to do an update, get the A4 in there etc
Should be in possession of the Cirklon by then too! That will open many doors!!!
Go to top Post Reply