As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT Pickup Machine (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT Pickup Machine
Cappy
Re:OT Pickup Machine 11 Years, 11 Months ago
Gadjo wrote:
The video is intimidating mostly because of the narrators style

All props to Elektron, but i really think they should get somebody else, who is actually English (or American), (im guessing the voiceover guy is Scandinavian, but i may be wrong),
to do the explanations,

they could also make the Knowhow vids a bit more fun, it is complicated stuff, but we have so much Fun with the machines, it would be good if the videos reflected this,

Or at least change the voice, i find him really difficult to listen to,

I thought he sounded Scottish myself.
  The topic has been locked.
Yoshi
Look at my stuff, and help me obtain my burger
Clips and videos
Hector was fun...
Hammer Bro
Gadjo wrote:

All props to Elektron, but i really think they should get somebody else, who is actually English (or American), (im guessing the voiceover guy is Scandinavian, but i may be wrong),
to do the explanations,

they could also make the Knowhow vids a bit more fun, it is complicated stuff, but we have so much Fun with the machines, it would be good if the videos reflected this,

The narrator is not from this planet but does speak perfect english and his boots are on fire. Its all about the shoes, once you have them all will make more sense and fall into place
I feel the video is thorough for a very complex machine. Like their other vids, it's to the point but one can come from many angles in approach as well.

FWIW Most EU are from all over the world and if compared to amerikkka, we are but a small few. So in equal argument, maybe we should learn other languages and accents instead of suggesting "they" learn "our" language or get a narrator that is american...
Chain Chomp
Gadjo wrote:

to do the explanations,

Do not agree with this I am afraid. The Videos are extremely clear and helpful.

As for saying an English or American person should do it is just not right. Take the Secret Music videos, he is French, the videos are excellent but where he comes from is actually irrelevant.
Boo
not sure if this is important enough for its own thread or not, so I'm putting it here.

When you use ONE2 or HOLD to trigger and then overdub a pickup loop, you may notice that the number of steps and the tempo changes from the original if you start overdubbing before the end of the loop.

If you try to go back to the original tempo you'll see a message saying something like "DUB aborted". What has happened is that the tempo of the new loop no longer would match the global tempo (since you just changed it) and so you can't overdub.

The solution I found to be quickest is to go into Edit/Attr for the sample (double click the track, Function+Edit, Attr) and either adjust the tempo or the length (sometimes it's quicker to adjust length if you know it) so it matches the new tempo you want.

You can use this to do interesting things like shifting the tempo while the loop is playing and then going back into overdub or experiment with extreme stretching by radically changing the tempo while things are running.

Basically there's fun to be had, but the main point of the post is that if you see "DUB aborted" it's probably because the global tempo doesn't match the tempo of the loop anymore.

(This is also helpful when you use the pickup loop as the master tempo to sync the sequencer and want to change the tempo).
Goomba
edited
Goomba
I'd really like to see an undo/redo feature and possibly attach some midi to the clear slot feature which exists already for the PU machine.(being heavily requested over at muffs forum)

Edited: my forum messages are coming out all scrambled...weird
Goomba
Boots remind me of probably my favorite pair of boots in this world.

kln
Goomba
I'd really like to see an undo/redo feature and possibly attach some midi to the clear slot feature which exists already for the PU machine.(being heavily requested over at muffs forum)

+1
Chain Chomp
cold-date 10,191
Posting so I can find this thread later because it's got some amazing shee-at in it!!!!!!!
Go to top Post Reply