As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:Octatrack, Multiple samples on 1 track (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Octatrack, Multiple samples on 1 track
Goomba
Octatrack, Multiple samples on 1 track 12 Years, 7 Months ago
You can load many samples to OT,but can you put more than 1 sample /track?
I mean: trig 1 (sample 1) trig 5 (sample 4)..

Or why you can load many samples to OT but just use 8 of them?
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
Re:Octatrack, Multiple samples on 1 track 12 Years, 7 Months ago
Of course you can.
You need to look at parameter locks. Hold down trig 5 and press the down arrow to select another sample for this trig. That's it!
Goomba
Re:Octatrack, Multiple samples on 1 track 12 Years, 7 Months ago
After you assign the samples to each trig can you play them afterwords using external midi controller (keyboard, cubase) and record the controls to internal octatrack sequencer, so it can be played afterwards without external sequencers. I mean, does this assignement of different samples to one tracks each trig works similar like drum/sample kits in sythesizers where you assign differrent sounds or a drum kit to a single part throughout the octave and the whole kit can be triggered only using one part thus saving other parts for different sounds and effects.
Re:Octatrack, Multiple samples on 1 track 11 Years, 11 Months ago
i've been able to get different samples on different trigs as you explained above.

i can't seem to fire them besides on the OT via the trig buttons.

what is the deal with triggering samples from that track on an external midi controller?

i'm using my MPC 3000 to sequence and it works great but it only trigs tracks or the sample of one track chromatically. i can't find any notes that will play the different trigs on the track trigs with sample parameter locks.

any advice? i love the OT but man the vocabulary they use (and the manual in general) is mad confusing for a new electron user. thanks for any help!
Yoshi
Look at my stuff, and help me obtain my burger
Clips and videos
Just an educated guess.. but lets say you want to trigger the sample on track 1
u use the midi channel for track 1.. for the sample on track 2 use the midi channel for track 2
etc etc... the behaviour you are describing almost makes me think you send your midi
to the autochannel (which routes the incoming midi to the selected track on the octatrack)
@smkmchn

I haven't received my OT yet, but from what i've read, you can't trigger slices or other samples from the sample slot list from external controllers. You can only trigger them when in SLICE or SAMPLE trig mode from the OT itself.

I hope they allow this functionality in a future update.
!
thanks Toro. i think you are right.

i'm really surprised something so simple is lacking from such an expensive and advanced machine.

i'll just use the MPC for drums and sample them into the OT.

as a stand alone instrument it's great but some serious holes to be filled. guess we'll just have to wait for 1.2 and hope for the best. :[

this is one trend in general that needs to stop. don't go to market with a beta device!
i really hope i'm missing something.
Each track has a 'default' sample slot assigned, but as said you can lock a different sample to each step. The concept of locks are internal, and cannot be sequenced from outside the OT. Maybe a CC could be mapped that allows for playing the different slots? Perhaps one CC for the flex machine slots, and 1 for static? This is another reason why 128 slots makes sense for these, but that's another discussion.
You can play different sample slots using the trig buttons also, if you go into that trig mode. I haven't tried, and without looking into it, I wonder if while you're in that mode, the midi input would work to trigger like that for the active channel?
Go to top Post Reply