As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT: No Midi Hex/Dec info in the Manual?? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT: No Midi Hex/Dec info in the Manual??
Boo
Re:OT: No Midi Hex/Dec info in the Manual?? 11 Years, 11 Months ago
hey.. so i've mapped all the stuff i wanted for now, changed all the strings and named the mappings.. however when i either want to save the template or want to upload it to the bitstream i get following message:

Group 1 - Control 15
At least one midi output must be selected

i dont know what it means by that.. i never got that msg before when mapping the MD / MnM.. do you know how to get rid of that msg?
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
OK man.. i got to grips with the software.. The OT is fully mapped and working with the bitstream..

I mapped Channels 1-8's Track Volume to the 8 Faders

On the 8th Track which I usually use as a master track I mapped the 3 lower knobs to the DJ EQ's LO/MID/HI and the uppermost knob on track 8 i mapped to effect2 send

On the other tracks (1-7) i also mapped the upmost knob to control effect2 send and the 3 lower knobs I mapped to filter BASE/WIDTH/Q

I didnt know how to properly map the crossfader.. but this would be pretty cool if we could get that working! the crossfader only has one value defined in the OT's manual.. but the bitstream has one value for each side of the xfader..
MCL
Boo
Well done mate!

glad you got there in the end - thinking of tackling this sometime this week

I'll look into the crossfader too, care to share your template?
Boo
hey man.. yeah.. its pretty awesome.. i played with it all night..

i also got the crossfader mapped..

and the mute buttons..

the only thing i needed to touch my OT for yesterday evening was for pattern changes.. would be pretty cool if we could map "change to next pattern" on a button..

i havent found useful mappings for the joystick and the ribbon controller yet.. i'd love to try and map the retrig parameter to it so it changes the retrig time when changing finger position on the ribbon ctrl.. some cool effect like that..

i just tried to upload the file to the file section, but somehow it didnt work.. always got an error.. here's a link..

https://www.wetransfer.com/dl/SxjGMQ39/1d55f5557fcaa160957006b33eda1813ce976e6ac23b7d4ac445fd0be97695c6a7bbe9be34398c8

i included a little readme file..
its already pretty cool as it is but when we get some dramatic parameters mapped to the joystick and the ribbon ctrl, this could be even more fun! i can recommend anybody who uses an OT to check out the bitstream controller! lots of fun!!
Boo
i mapped the ribbon controller on the master delay's time parameter..

i'm havin trouble getting the transport buttons to work

also what i tried to do but failed is to map it so one can hold down shift + one of the mute buttons and make it solo the track this way.. do you have any idea how to program the 2nd level parameters like shift+another button on the bitstream?

also i saw there is a pitch bend parameter for the OT.. is this just for midi sequencing purposes or can it be used to manipulate the sound running on the OT?

also i have tried to figure out how to use the motion automation on the bitstream to record motions i do with the faders& knobs.. this could be pretty powerful when used right!

i had completely new tracks emerge from old setups yesterday just by using the bitstream.. we should take this mapping as far as we can!

maybe you have another idea for the ribbon controller..
King Koopa
Wow, this is great news! I recently got a bitstream 3x but don't have the time to learn to make presets.. (Just had a baby) ..

I would love to check out these templates too !

Great job!
Boo
yeah i also have a MD & MnM template.. the OT needs its own template.. theres no way of creating one that can control all 3 machines as one runs out of midi channels..

but i also think that the bitstream is at its best controlling the OT.. i dont really feel the need for controlling the MD or MnM externally.. other than with a minicommand that is.. if you still want the MD&MnM template just say so and I'll upload it for you.. that OT template I uploaded is lots of fun.. only thing not mapped in that version is the ribbon controller controlling the delay time on the master delay.. but i never really use that mapping much.. still thinking of new ways to use the ribbon ctrl!

just a quick guide for you: start the configuration software of the bitstream with it connected to the pc via usb.. on the first page choose the bitstream for midi in & out and click connect.

load my template into the software and then on the last tab click download all to 3x.

youre done! have phun!

this template uses the default midi setting of the OT.. so you shouldnt need to change it..
King Koopa
Yeah, i would love the mnm/md templates !

Thanks for the help.

Having some already made templates will help me figure out how to make my own in the future.

If i can ever make some, i'll definitely share here !
Boo
its actually pretty easy once you have figured out the midi string number..

heres an example: B00700

i dont know what B stands for but it never changes.. probably bitstream..

the first numer (in this case 0) is the midi channel on which the cc is sent (note that number 0 stands for channel1)

the next 2 numbers are the hex value of the parameter you want to map to..

07 in this case stands for track volume on the OT.. so the string above controls track volume on channel1 of the OT.. (i mapped this to the 1st fader)

you dont need to know what the last numbers stand for.. you never change them.

here's a link to the MD/MnM template.. i didnt write a readme for it.. but i have named the controls, so your bitstreams LCD display will tell you what youre controlling when you touch the knob/fader

https://www.wetransfer.com/dl/Ai5Kxsl9/7f8ab2ed54b5a9b78a77c2fe87352d79e70d8d395a3ddd89e0c7da322ef7fda21ed2392f3445923

have fun..
Boo
the only stuff left to be done in my opinion is:

gettin the transport bar to work
finding a cool use for the joystick
finding useful stuff to map the 5 shift+transport bar buttons to
finding a way of switching patterns with the bitstream

another thing that i havent figured out is how to use the bitstream as the master clock. so i can do tempo changes with it.

i find that when i have a live set all set up and stuff, i only access the OT to change patterns or xfader scenes during a show.. all the other stuff i regularly use is mapped to the bitstream.. would be pretty dope if we could get it to work in a way so one can completely control it through the BS!

does the
Go to top Post Reply