As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT feature requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT feature requests
Cappy
Re:OT feature requests 12 Years ago
tIB wrote:

Fixed that for you. Of course, I had to edit your post when I quoted it and then you will have to edit your own quoted post... its a forum quotational ethics nightmare.

Not sure what you're trying to fix for me?
And about ethics...I just asked you not to change the words of my posts and then quote them as if I had written them.
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
tIB was here
manuelcicca wrote:
tIB wrote:

Fixed that for you. Of course, I had to edit your post when I quoted it and then you will have to edit your own quoted post... its a forum quotational ethics nightmare.

And ethics about...I asked just not you to the words of change my posts then quote and them as them if I had written.

But I can re-order them though right?

Sorry, Ill stop now, Im just joshing and intend no harm.
Cappy
tIB wrote:
manuelcicca wrote:
tIB wrote:

And ethics about...I asked just not you to the words of change my posts then quote and them as them if I had written.

But I can re-order them though right?

Sorry, Ill stop now, Im just joshing and intend no harm.

All this is self-explanatory. Again you helped me making my point.
Admin
tIB was here
Happy to help.
Cappy
Very helpful indeed!
I'm still thinking about which type of award you should receive.
I would kiss you if I could
What a shame!
Admin
tIB was here
You can kiss me any time. banter and snarkyness aside I don't really see what your point is. granted this thread is a mess but the idea that any request is more or less relevant or valid than another seems silly, as is the concept that people are trying to divert attention towards their own requests. They are just requests in a request thread and valid as such. if you have something you think needs changing why not email elektron with it (as well as post here)?
Cappy
Proposing a kiss was all you needed to get serious about my post
That's asking too much I think

Anyway..back to topic.
I think a feature request should be realistic and usable in practice.Otherwise which developer would ever want to go through pages and pages of wishes and desires ? That was my point.
I will send a feature request to Elektron but I won't post it here again. It's here somewhere in the big noisy cloud of comments I've been try to address so far. Who's interested can go and find it a couple of pages before the current one.

Cheers
Admin
tIB was here
Everyone likes a kiss.

Fwiw I think this entire forum has become noise heavy since the arrival of the OT. In terms of feature requests its a funny one since its entirely dependant on an individual use of a very open ended/flexible machine. From my point of view some of the current features could be simpler or accessed in a better way- for example setting scale per track should be on the scale page. Id rather see a refinement of what we already have- the arp being brought forward, track mutes before effects blocks so reverbs and delays don't just cut out... but that's just me. I'm sure people are just putting forward their requests as part of a process of using of the machine, which should make them useable, realistic and valid.
King Koopa
reloading the active part [function]+[cue] might happen by accident with fat fingers but this can be pretty nasty accident if one havn´t saved after long day of editing the part.

what would be useful to be able to recall the edits by repeating the reload procedure right after, just like undo paste or clear.

that would not only save from accidentally wiping your edits but also it could be used as compare to previous version before saving (a feat which can be found in many synths).
Chain Chomp
manuelcicca wrote:
Proposing a kiss was all you needed to get serious about my post
That's asking too much I think

Anyway..back to topic.
I think a feature request should be realistic and usable in practice.Otherwise which developer would ever want to go through pages and pages of wishes and desires ? That was my point.
I will send a feature request to Elektron but I won't post it here again. It's here somewhere in the big noisy cloud of comments I've been try to address so far. Who's interested can go and find it a couple of pages before the current one.

Cheers

If you weren't so arrogant and egocentric , as one of the Mods proved easily, before you posted all that erratic bullshit you could have gone through other threads and realised that I have expressed the same argument like yours regarding the efficiency of bombing threads with feature requests. Instead you critised my feature requests as non musical.
1) Who are you to judge the musicality of FRs. Are you Sopen or maybe Mahler??Even if you were one of them I would still ignore these shortminded suggestions.
2) Who told you that there is only one approach in Music.
3) What is the relation of the words realistic and usable that you have used regarding musicality and why do you confine everybody else to your definitions and limits?
I would proposr to you to get a cold shower since it seems that you in desperate need of it and burn all your Nazi books.
When I said you are in a strange mood I meant all these pointless posts that your inflammatory mood created.
And for the record tools like OT are inovating and they definately don't need suggestions from shortsited and average persons like you are.
Enjoy my silence!
Go to top Post Reply