As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT feature requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT feature requests
Re:OT feature requests 12 Years ago
I'd like some way to be able to change Scene A and Scene B simultaneously.

Some ideas I thought of:

- a setting in the Project that pairs scenes together. So if you select Scene 1 for Scene A, Scene B gets set to Scene 2 automatically

- if you hold the Scene A and Scene B buttons together, if you then hit two Trig buttons, the left one gets assigned to the Scene A and the right one to Scene B
  The topic has been locked.
Killer Beez
neilbaldwin wrote:

Some ideas I thought of:

- a setting in the Project that pairs scenes together. So if you select Scene 1 for Scene A, Scene B gets set to Scene 2 automatically

- if you hold the Scene A and Scene B buttons together, if you then hit two Trig buttons, the left one gets assigned to the Scene A and the right one to Scene B

I use my computer to do this, scene change triggered when I change patterns but I like your second idea so a definate +1
King Koopa
possibility set the reverb or delay tail post mute. now muting track cuts feedback of delay and decay of reverb and pretty often it´s not what you want but rather hear the effects dying slowly...

the neighbour machine ofcourse is the workaround for this. with just 8 tracks (equals to 8x polyphony + one track possibly already being the master track) it´s not always possible to dedicate one or more tracks just for making an effect to work this way.

Cappy
neilbaldwin wrote:

Some ideas I thought of:

Mmm, it'd be kinda cool if there was a Scenes trig mode, perhaps combined with this idea.
Actually, i wouldn't doubt it if there were more FX trig modes like the delay control mode already on the cards.
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
Mesak wrote:
possibility set the reverb or delay tail post mute. now muting track cuts feedback of delay and decay of reverb and pretty often it´s not what you want but rather hear the effects dying slowly...

the neighbour machine ofcourse is the workaround for this. with just 8 tracks (equals to 8x polyphony + one track possibly already being the master track) it´s not always possible to dedicate one or more tracks just for making an effect to work this way.

+1, though neighbor machines don't work either, since muting the source track does nothing, you need to mute the neighbor machine still to stop a sound.
Chain Chomp
I'll get into the scene talking too!

Ability to create a new scene depending where the crossfader position is. I am pretty sure that everybody has found a very cool crossfader spot between scenes which is not that easy to reproduce.
And something else that I think has been mentioned again. Ability to p-lock all scene values to a track's trigs.
And this brings in mind another thing. Ability to p-lock or sample lock all trigs of a track in one move. I hate it so much when I have to p-lock manually all my trigs to a specific value.
Cappy
It looks like it's getting more and more unreasonably convoluted in here. Are you musicans or knob wankers?
Only I would like to have is the ability to play 'playlists'.
I.e. the OT would play the songs in a selected folder sequentially as it was a simple cd player.
Some sort of preview functions would also be appreciated. Maybe let's call it Simple machines and something like that.
Now I know somebody who can't understand what the fuck I'm talking about will object and tell me to get an iPod or something on that line. Let's the flamewar begin. Ahh. I won't be participating though.

Cheers
Chain Chomp
manuelcicca wrote:
It looks like it's getting more and more unreasonably convoluted in here. Are you musicans or knob wankers?
Only I would like to have is the ability to play 'playlists'.
I.e. the OT would play the songs in a selected folder sequentially as it was a simple cd player.
Some sort of preview functions would also be appreciated. Maybe let's call it Simple machines and something like that.
Now I know somebody who can't understand what the fuck I'm talking about will object and tell me to get an iPod or something on that line. Let's the flamewar begin. Ahh. I won't be participating though.

Cheers

You are in a strange mood, aren't you?
Do you think your requests are sacred and do not contribute towards the convolution of this thread?
Cappy

You are in a strange mood, aren't you?

Strange mood? What mood is that ??

Do you think your requests are sacred and do not contribute towards the convolution of this thread?

Your feature requests are so away from the art of making music!Is all about someone's perverted private fantasies about the OT. There are so many baisc things the OT need improvements on and all you think about it's 'Knob Masturbation'. And when I say 'you' I don''t mean 'you' personally but all the people that post unrealistic complex unmusical requests which don't have any artistic content.

Does this make sense to you?
word
Go to top Post Reply