As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT feature requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT feature requests
Re:OT feature requests 12 Years, 1 Month ago
It would be nice to have the MidiCC Name changeable.

for Example: On Midi Track1 - Ctrl2 Page - CC8 (Knpb D) assigned to CC#84 (D-Send on MnM)

Now it would be nice to change the "CC8" into "Dsn", so you can see which parameter you grab.
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
A default range for bpm detection like in Serato Scratch..
Goomba
So here is the deal.
I have had the Octatrack for a week. very happy with with. Highly flexible, mind boggling in a good way etc. But sometimes the 8 tracks seem to be not enough to take the full potential of the amazing step sequencer. Sometimes I would like to have 8 tracks for the recorder buffers, plus 8 tracks for the thru machines, plus 8 tracks to mess around with my huge sample drum machine library etc. SO, would it be possible to combine different patterns, with different root samples of course, into one big pattern? for example you could combine these patterns in the arranger so they could play simultaneously, or just come up with a way to group various patterns into one. This feature would be kind of a workaround for adding more tracks.
Is this just a plain stupid idea? or has anyone though about this? is it feasible with an OS update? Is it feasible now? (I am still a newbie with this thing)
It would be awesome to have a Option in Personalize Menu to disable that Scenes are saved with Patterns.

If i go crazy on the Scenes and hit Function+Reload at some Point the Scene reverts to it´s saved state, not nice at all ;-(
King Koopa
Longer reverb time or feedback function like for the delay so it can be used more as an effect..
Boo
maass wrote:
It would be awesome to have a Option in Personalize Menu to disable that Scenes are saved with Patterns.

If i go crazy on the Scenes and hit Function+Reload at some Point the Scene reverts to it´s saved state, not nice at all ;-(

+1
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
DONAU wrote:
maass wrote:

+1

+2

I'd love to be able to choose if scenes are unique to patterns, banks, or projects.
Boo
Tarekith wrote:
DONAU wrote:
maass wrote:

+1

+2

I'd love to be able to choose if scenes are unique to patterns, banks, or projects.

I would actaully love it if you would have the option to use just one set of scenes for an entire project. I actually only use one set of scenes (16 scenes) which I've copied across all patterns, parts & banks. But it can be annoying sometimes that the scene number is saved with the pattern. For example when you're doing the "Transitions & Crossfader trick" and you'd switch to another pattern/bank where you've got a completely different scene selected which won't have any volume locks - it ruins the whole transition..

So what I'd love to see is option for one set of scenes (1-16) for an entire project which also doesn't save the scene number to patterns. Sort of a "master set of scenes"..
King Koopa
Plate reverb effect ought to have SEND level in addition to MIX level (like in the delay, go dubby).
King Koopa
pzpepper wrote:
So here is the deal.
I have had the Octatrack for a week. very happy with with. Highly flexible, mind boggling in a good way etc. But sometimes the 8 tracks seem to be not enough to take the full potential of the amazing step sequencer. Sometimes I would like to have 8 tracks for the recorder buffers, plus 8 tracks for the thru machines, plus 8 tracks to mess around with my huge sample drum machine library etc. SO, would it be possible to combine different patterns, with different root samples of course, into one big pattern? for example you could combine these patterns in the arranger so they could play simultaneously, or just come up with a way to group various patterns into one. This feature would be kind of a workaround for adding more tracks.
Is this just a plain stupid idea? or has anyone though about this? is it feasible with an OS update? Is it feasible now? (I am still a newbie with this thing)

Octatrack x 2 = problem solved.
Go to top Post Reply