As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT feature requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT feature requests
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
Re:OT feature requests 12 Years, 2 Months ago
I'd love to see a better way of organizing and moving parts, banks, patterns internally. I expect it to be a little long-winded on hardware, but at least the MD has the ability send one pattern, or a range of patterns/kits via sysex. Makes it easy to reorder tracks one the computer, then dump it back to the MD.

With the OT it's more or less and all or nothing backup. Easy, but not always what you want.
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
machinedrum sps-1 mkI
monomachine mkII
octatrack Dps-1
2x roland jx3p
roland spd-s
korg prophecy
microkorg
crumar Ds2
crumar bit one
yamaha su-10
EV-
Tarekith wrote:
I'd love to see a better way of organizing and moving parts, banks, patterns internally. I expect it to be a little long-winded on hardware, but at least the MD has the ability send one pattern, or a range of patterns/kits via sysex. Makes it easy to reorder tracks one the computer, then dump it back to the MD.

With the OT it's more or less and all or nothing backup. Easy, but not always what you want.

Hail yeah
Goomba
pixlfiend wrote:
They should make effect settings unique for each pattern. i'd love to see this in the future.. so i can tweak every track's effects, volume, etc. to meet its needs.

good idea but just if its via buttoncombination otherwise we have to change for every pattern if we need global changing...

and: it is allready possible via parts or via locked parameters... but it takes a little time to set it..

i would like to see that even the subpages are possible to change via scenes and locked parameters... for example the distortion of the filter sounds good... but its not useable via scenes or parameterlocks...
Cappy
Ability to recognise Song Pointer Position..

(been told by this will hopefully be implemented in the next update!)

Goomba
for djing FF and REW?

would be superb!
Yoshi
MDUW MKII + MnM MKII + OT DPS-1
http://soundcloud.com/earsmack
LFO able to oscillate at 128x and 256x (maybe higher if possible) to help facilitate using it to provide "FM" capabilities. I think this could make it super powerful and potentially like a 32 operator FM synthesizer where each track could have a carrier (the sample) and 3 modulators (the LFOs) - that could be insane!
Boo
Earsmack. Yes !
Boo
- NRPN (or other extended midi implementation) to allow control of OT internal and Midi sequencer parameters when there is overlap between the midi channels on OT and Midi Seq tracks

- an option to overwrite the existing sample when saving after normalizing? could also have a "customize" option to create a .bak of the existing file first. I know there is the option to save trim as new and auto assign but most of my samples have long names and i find that the OT generates these really cryptic abbreviated names

- haven't really thought this one totally through yet but would be awesome to be able to use a Record Buffer on a master track, without having to sacrifice a seperate OT track

- more FX algorithms. some that utilise the record buffers could be good, beat repeat / beat mashers etc
Boo
Tarekith wrote:

+1
Killer Beez
After programming a parameter lock(s) to a trig, while still holding the trig that was programmed, any additional trigs pressed would inherit the same parameter lock(s). This would seriously speed up batch editing parameter locks. A function to copy the new parameter lock(s) to all trigs at once would be great too.
Go to top Post Reply