As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Idea about future OSs of Elektrons for analog gear. (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Idea about future OSs of Elektrons for analog gear.
Chain Chomp
Every track here is made live using only the monomachine and the octatrack (no pc):
www.soundcloud.com/cutoph2
www.soundcloud.com/nobodyslistening
Re:Idea about future OSs of Elektrons for analog gear. 12 Years, 1 Month ago
chapelier fou wrote:

I am just speaking of improving the elektrons, using less gear, spending less money and thinking of the most compact setup possible.

That's the way it should be!
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
there is a way even if you don't have a DC coupled output - it involves soldering (you gotta make special cables) but if you do it right, you can transmit CV through a 'regular' interface.

details here

http://expert-sleepers.co.uk/siwaacencoder.html
Hammer Bro
ntothe wrote:
there is a way even if you don't have a DC coupled output - it involves soldering (you gotta make special cables) but if you do it right, you can transmit CV through a 'regular' interface.

details here

Ha...here we go somewhere....
thank you !
Game & Watch
A few years back I did an experiment using the MD to send CV into my MS10, it kind of works but due to the outputs being AC coupled and the voltage level being around 4v P-P the results are a little strange, at the time I actually emailed Daniel at Elektron to see if a CV machine would be possible, but alas it is not. The way it works if you want to try, is the output level determines the voltage, so you can kind of change pitches, by using volume locks as well as pitch locks but it is nowhere like normal scaling. Nonetheless I found it quite interesting and a good source of serendipity

Here is the video with a bit of explanation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOgMgSjXdsI

Edit - Maybe a external scaling box could be built using an op amp as a scaled voltage follower.
Admin
tIB was here
ntothe wrote:

details here

Unfortunately youd also need a computer running for that, though if that isnt an issue then silent way is great. I did some computerless experimenting with and ES1 and the MD and MNM, didnt have great results, pretty much the same as running into an amp, which is what the ES1 does really along with some scaling.
Hammer Bro
darenager wrote:
A few years back I did an experiment using the MD to send CV into my MS10, it kind of works but due to the outputs being AC coupled and the voltage level being around 4v P-P the results are a little strange, at the time I actually emailed Daniel at Elektron to see if a CV machine would be possible, but alas it is not. The way it works if you want to try, is the output level determines the voltage, so you can kind of change pitches, by using volume locks as well as pitch locks but it is nowhere like normal scaling. Nonetheless I found it quite interesting and a good source of serendipity

Here is the video with a bit of explanation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOgMgSjXdsI

Edit - Maybe a external scaling box could be built using an op amp as a scaled voltage follower.

Interesting video, thank you !
I also e-mailed elektron, but since you already had an answer, i guess i should leave the idea and go on with my Kenton...
Game & Watch
Yeah Kenton is better, but something like a sympleseq or baby 10 can be triggered and reset from IMP machine too for some analog modulation fun! Good thing about this is Kenton can handle pitches and gates, and analog seq handles modulation etc.
Cappy
great idea in the original post, just saw the new akai max49 controller which going in this direction.
Test2 wrote:
great idea in the original post, just saw the new akai max49 controller which going in this direction.

wow looks nice. If it only included 4 CV triggers assignable to the pads in addition to CV pitch and gate from the keyboard, I would have been sold. Still, nice to see products moving in this direction.
Hammer Bro
Had a reply from elektron : we won't see this happening ever.
Gonna check this Akai max 49.
Go to top Post Reply