As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Re:What do your names mean ? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:What do your names mean ?
Goomba
Re:What do your names mean ? 13 Years, 1 Month ago
need very little explanation with mine.....

Do you agree?
  The topic has been locked.
Hero of Winds
OP-1 and Ableton Live (everything else is waiting for studio renovations...which are slow since I'm doing it)
^ Yup, and it sounds much better than MTVisIrrelevant
poonti wrote:
blackshark wrote:
djd_oz wrote:
HighSage wrote:
Poonti..... I can't say I'm a better person after having googled your name.. wow!

heavy name

i guess, many people google that name now

@highsage: nice story behind your name

Yeah, like I mentioned earlier in this thread, this was a cutesy name my kid and his friend came up with (5-6 yrs old). Then I did a google on it (yowza). But I'll be damned if a vulgar spanish Wikipedia entry will make me change my name!!! I mean if Shagghie in Polish meant "grandfather buggerer" would you change your name or anagram?

Hehe funny that. Kosi mazaki in Polish means stealing ballpens/markers so we had a word joke saying How is the Japanese ball pen thief called? Koshi Mazaki that is
In 90's I was into graffiti and anime so that made it a link too I guess. Once I started making tunes I began to use it. Got few people confused that I'm Japanese
Love this thread btw!
Game & Watch
Mine is my real name

Daren - An african american name meaning born at night, fitting because I was born at midnight, spelt with one r, as opposed to the welsh spelling Darren which means hill or land and is actually a different name, the pronounciation is different too. Daren should be pronounced Dare-en unlike Darren which is pronounced to rhyme with barren, but everyone pronounces it like the welsh version which doesn't bother me.

Ager - rhymes with major, a very old anglo saxon name meaning prosperity or fortune, often mis pronounced to rhyme with bagger, which is kind of dumb, when you think of how you pronounce age. Again it does not bother me, but my wife hates it when mis pronounced and corrects people almost before they have finished the second syllable
Cappy
SPS-1 UW+ MkII
SFX-60+ MkII
DPS-1
The name Peter comes from the Greek name Petros meaning "stone, rock".
mfnames.com
My parents were stuck for a name to give me, so took the name from a doctor at the hospital at which I was born.

The family name has indistinct origins in either English, Welsh, or Flemish/Germanic origin, like 'Hagen'.
Examples
Hammer Bro
Re:What do your names mean ? 12 Years, 1 Month ago
A deep color meets sacred geometry in one of my favorite frequencies... Some old shamans I grew with called me indigo a lot due to a color they often see with and around me. 3 consecutive triangles intertwined and the 9 symbolizing the end of the road and the beginning of a new journey... and some other weird shit
My name is a funny (or "funny") variant of Garfunkel (of Simon & Garfunkel fame).

Later I found it means, from Urban Dictionary:

(n.)The miniature orgasm one experiences after urination.
Often accompanied by a short tremor or shaking.
Typically, barfunkels procede extremely volumous urination.
Highly common among individuals experiencing alcohol intoxication.

Barfunkel experience among females is unknown.
Chain Chomp
Everything you own ends up owning you.
Some of the meanings here are quite fantastic so mine is positively boring.

My name is Jack.
I have a beard.
Boo
Mine comes from DJ Simple, a name I adopted 20yrs ago when I was in a sound system running drum n bass clubs.
All the other Dj's had names like 'razor' or 'darkeye' I chose mine one night as a backlash to pretentious Dj names.
It stuck and I still use it, now playing on www.nakedbeatz.com every other thursday.
Killer Beez
3 brown dogs barking at each other....
Mines a statement.... Play Records.
Go to top Post Reply