As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ
Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ 13 Years, 1 Month ago
rennweg wrote:

The good thing about such an experience is always the moment when it is all good again and I am definately enjoying my work on the OT so much now that my son asked me why I am in such a very good mood.

LOL

I keep excitedly pestering my wife: "Watch this!"..."Can you hear that?!"...."And if you just press this button, all this stuff happens! Isn't that amazing!?" etc.

She just sits there blinking at me.

Back on topic: I'm using a MacBook Pro to throw samples backwards and forwards to the OT without issue so far. I've even copied the whole 2.5GB of content off it and back again (just testing) and it was fine.
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
PEACE
scrag wrote:

http://kerosene.free.fr/

It's a utility that you drop in your Dock, and instead of ejecting an external drive, or dragging it in to the trash, you drop the drive on the icon in the dock. This then deletes all the hidden files created by OS X before ejecting the drive.

- c -

@diabolik and everyone else as well
Scrag suggested using the above utility to eject drives. It is free, easy to use and makes sure
no hidden data is left that might harm the OT when you are working on a mac, especially doing "Utility drive" actions.

I can only suggest everyone to get an external card reader, because when I had my freezing problem with the OT due to some CF card problems I also was not able to "enable USB disk" on the OT. The drive didn´t show up on my mac anymore and the Octatrack froze while trying to do this. The CF card reader did it´s job and at least you are able to backup the data on the card.
I will also get a second CF card on which I regularly back up the stuff of the card which is in use. This one can be used then as well when there is a problem with the currently used card. Having a CF card with a backup will put you on the safe site for the worst case scenario.

I keep excitedly pestering my wife: "Watch this!"..."Can you hear that?!"...."And if you just press this button, all this stuff happens! Isn't that amazing!?" etc.

She just sits there blinking at me.

Cappy
Macbook pro here too, copied gigabits of stuff with zero problems.
Goomba
my imac 27" crashed too when connecting USB. I am about to sell it anyway - it´s a piece of crap that crashes, deletes programs and so on. Don´t blame the OT, get a PC
Boo
octatrack, prophet 08, minibrute, SEM, RS-09, A4, Zed 14
sorry for the duplicate post. i meant to post in this thread, but also posted in CF card thread by mistake.

anyway:

went and bought a new CF card (sandisk) and formatted using disk utility according to instructions on here, and now the octatrack drive doesn't show up using either card. before this, it still would not unmount (i had to pull the usb cord out).

also, checked my sample rate/bit depth and it was 16 bit, not 24. not really sure what to do at this point. i'm ready to get to work but i really just have $1500 paperweight sitting in front of me. i know it will probably be an easy fix, just waiting on an email from elektron at this point i guess

thanks for all of the advice everyone
Game & Watch
Man that sucks.

I gotta say though, much as I like Mac's in lots of ways better than windows, for removable drives they seem pretty shit, had so many corruptions on thumbdrives, SD and CF cards and even a 500gb external HDD full of audio that is dead now. And yes I do use the eject in OSX everytime.

For my OT I just use a cheap windows netbook
Boo
octatrack, prophet 08, minibrute, SEM, RS-09, A4, Zed 14
going to band practice in a minute and i'm gonna try it on my singer's PC notebook and see if i have any luck. will post back with the results
Boo
FWIW I've noticed that sometimes (usually? always?) the OT isn't detected if it's powered on *before* I connect the USB cable to my Macbook and enable disk use.

I've gotten into the habit of doing it in this order.

1. Connect the USB cable.
2. Turn the OT on.
3. Enable USB disk on the OT.

YMMV.
Chain Chomp
PEACE
darenager wrote:
Man that sucks.

I gotta say though, much as I like Mac's in lots of ways better than windows, for removable drives they seem pretty shit, had so many corruptions on thumbdrives, SD and CF cards and even a 500gb external HDD full of audio that is dead now. And yes I do use the eject in OSX everytime.

That is scarry. Sorry to hear this. Makes me now be even more careful than I am already.
darenager wrote:
Man that sucks.

Been using Macs for about 8 years - moved away from PCs for the reasons you listed

I think I've had one drive fail in all that time and that was due to overheating (my fault really).

I've even upgraded the processor on one of my Mac Minis and it's still going strong (touch wood LOL)
Go to top Post Reply