As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ
Chain Chomp
PEACE
Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ 13 Years, 2 Months ago
goofypriest wrote:
>hope that elektron crew will give me a torrent of backup...

what is a lot more concerning is the possibility of losing original, project data. no one can give that back.

i guess caution is called for.

Yeah, very true.
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
PEACE
Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ 13 Years, 2 Months ago
darenager wrote:
Ok, so did everyone that has had this issue connect the OT to the computer before putting the OT in USB mode?

Here is something to try, backup any data left on the card on your computer, then get a card restore/wiper freeware, there are lots of these to be found for mac and pc, try and find one that gives the option to zero the card, zero or wipe/recover the card, then reformat it in FAT format, copy the files back on and see of it works.

I would recommend using a card reader rather than doing it whilst the card is in the OT in USB mode.

Ok.
I used a card reader later on and formatted it with my mac, but thank´s for your advice.
I guess it makes a difference to use a restore/wiper freeware to do that. I will try that tomorrow!
Boo
[Excuse my so-so english]
Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ 13 Years, 1 Month ago
Transfering files to the OT in USB mode was a nightmare. Bought a 8gb x300 and a card reader, now I'm fine

Oh, I made a empty reset 5 minutes after opening the box and it surprised me not to have a factory reset there (I don't miss the presets at all )
King Koopa
MPC 2500
MonoMachine mk2+
Octatrack
Fizmo Rack
Korg 707
Dark Energy
Mackie Onyx 1640i
2 * Pandora PX4
Korg KP 3
Art TCS
Valley People Dynamite

In pattern edit mode it is not possible to do a page copy.
I hit the record button to get in pattern mode, then I hold the scale setup button and hit the record button just like on the monomachine.
Nothing happens, the octa exits pattern mode.

Static machines are a bit glitchy at the end of a patternthe OT hiccups a bit.
Using flex machines I havent had any of this yet.

.R
Chain Chomp
PEACE
Just to let everyone know what solved my mentioned issue.

Wrote to support yesterday about my CF card / ATA FAIL / OT FREEZE Problem (see previous posts for anyone who wants to know excatly what it was)

My OT works again and is super sexy. I am so happy now!

"....I received my new CF card today, which solved the problem. The OT is working fine again.

There seems to be a serious issue for mac users when the OT is connected via USB to the computer. Disconnecting the USB cable before doing BACKUPS of their computer drive, or repairing permissions seems to be definately necessary for everyone who uses a mac."

EDIT: This is what I wrote to elektron and my personal opinion!
Boo
Not that I think there's a connection, but while we're on the subject of removable drives (i.e. the OT's CF card), I guess most of us know that when you browse a drive on a Mac, OS X creates a bunch of hidden files to let the Finder know how to display its contents etc.

Most of the time these don't cause a problem, they're just annoying, but you never know... who knows what the OT OS might do when it comes across a file it doesn't recognise or can't read. I use this to get around it:

http://kerosene.free.fr/

It's a utility that you drop in your Dock, and instead of ejecting an external drive, or dragging it in to the trash, you drop the drive on the icon in the dock. This then deletes all the hidden files created by OS X before ejecting the drive.

- c -
Cappy
There seems to be a serious issue for mac users when the OT is connected via USB to the computer. Disconnecting the USB cable before doing BACKUPS of their computer drive, or repairing permissions seems to be definately necessary for everyone who uses a mac."

this came from elektron?

i don't really understand it. can someone explain? is there advice in that statement? or just an acknowledgement?

also i had a question about formatting the CF card. is the FAT 32 formatting something that should be pre-installed on the card? or do we format on the OT? i'm having trouble finding out FAT 32 info on the cards i see. it doesn't help i'm in japan and don't read or speak japanese?
Chain Chomp
PEACE
scrag wrote:
Not that I think there's a connection, but while we're on the subject of removable drives (i.e. the OT's CF card), I guess most of us know that when you browse a drive on a Mac, OS X creates a bunch of hidden files to let the Finder know how to display its contents etc.

Most of the time these don't cause a problem, they're just annoying, but you never know... who knows what the OT OS might do when it comes across a file it doesn't recognise or can't read. I use this to get around it:

It's a utility that you drop in your Dock, and instead of ejecting an external drive, or dragging it in to the trash, you drop the drive on the icon in the dock. This then deletes all the hidden files created by OS X before ejecting the drive.

- c -

Thanks for that. I will try that and probably use it if it is doing a good job. I am really extremly careful now (btw. the USB cable was just connected not enabled via the OT).

this came from elektron?
NO!!! This is my opinion through my experience. I will add that to the recent post.
King Koopa
scrag wrote:

- c -

This is an excellent point scrag!!! And nice tip about that software, will check it out.

Rennweg would you be able to test this theory? you're the perfect candidate Then if it turns out to be correct a bug report can be sent to Elektron.
Chain Chomp
PEACE
also i had a question about formatting the CF card. is the FAT 32 formatting something that should be pre-installed on the card? or do we format on the OT? i'm having trouble finding out FAT 32 info on the cards i see. it doesn't help i'm in japan and don't read or speak japanese?

My new one was already formatted in FAT32. If you are on a mac go to "DISK UTILITY", where you format, repair permission,etc. Click on the desired drive and you should see how it is formatted..., not sure how this will look like in japanese. Check at appledotcom, they have many languages available.
Go to top Post Reply