As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ
Cappy
Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ 13 Years, 2 Months ago
darenager wrote:
Were all the guys with the ATA problem using Mac? I have had lots of problems in the past with card readers and cards becoming corrupted on my mac.

no, win xp / 7 here.
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
@Renwegg

Couldn't you try using the problematic CF card in your V-SYNTH XT to rule out whether it's the card or the OT hardware / software causing the issue? Not sure if it'll take a 4GB card but it's one way to troubleshoot where the issue is coming from.
Chain Chomp
PEACE
Dalski wrote:
@Renwegg

Couldn't you try using the problematic CF card in your V-SYNTH XT to rule out whether it's the card or the OT hardware / software causing the issue? Not sure if it'll take a 4GB card but it's one way to troubleshoot where the issue is coming from.

Thanks for the suggestion. I put the problematic card in my V-SYNTH XT and I was able to play the samples, which are on it. Not sure though if this prooves that the card is OK. Does it?
King Koopa
I had an electro-harmonix 2880 which used a cf card - the one it shipped with crapped out after a couple weeks - it was frustrating since there isn't any feedback on that device to say what the problem may be, but after seeing it was a pretty common issue with the shipped cards on the ehx forum I grabbed a new one and all was well, and remains fine with the same card a year later for my friend who got it from me.
I ran up to a camera store and grabbed an 8 gig one and backed up the one that came with my octatrack pretty quickly after getting the unit and stuck the shipped one on the shelf.
Maybe the QA on compact flash cards isn't so great. A quick glance a few camera forums makes it seem like plenty of problematic ones make it to market.
King Koopa
rennweg wrote:
Dalski wrote:
@Renwegg

Thanks for the suggestion. I put the problematic card in my V-SYNTH XT and I was able to play the samples, which are on it. Not sure though if this prooves that the card is OK. Does it?

Not immediately no, I'd suggest keeping the card in the V-SYNTH and testing it thoroughly to see if you encounter issues. I'm assuming the problem didn't rear its head immediately in the OT either right?
Chain Chomp
PEACE
bsmith wrote:
I had an electro-harmonix 2880 which used a cf card - the one it shipped with crapped out after a couple weeks - it was frustrating since there isn't any feedback on that device to say what the problem may be, but after seeing it was a pretty common issue with the shipped cards on the ehx forum I grabbed a new one and all was well, and remains fine with the same card a year later for my friend who got it from me.
I ran up to a camera store and grabbed an 8 gig one and backed up the one that came with my octatrack pretty quickly after getting the unit and stuck the shipped one on the shelf.
Maybe the QA on compact flash cards isn't so great. A quick glance a few camera forums makes it seem like plenty of problematic ones make it to market.

Mmmhh, I hope it is only the CF card, cause that wouldn´t bother me much. I ordered a Transcend Extreme-Speed 32GB Compact Flash 400x Card, but I am not really sure if I should sent it back when I receive it, because the one that came with the OT is a Transcend as well.
The Sandisk cards supposed to be much better, I wonder if it is worse the more money they cost. If the OT makes less problems definately!
Thanks!
Chain Chomp
PEACE
Dalski wrote:
rennweg wrote:
Dalski wrote:
@Renwegg

Not immediately no, I'd suggest keeping the card in the V-SYNTH and testing it thoroughly to see if you encounter issues. I'm assuming the problem didn't rear its head immediately in the OT either right?

Well it worked well when I received the OT three days ago, but I did a "BACK UP" on my mac yesterday with the USB cable connected to the OT (but the USB Disk was not enabled on the OT). The OT scrolling bar kept scrolling while backing my mac up and then froze. Since then I have the problem.
I will test the card more tomorrow again, but probably the new card will arrive as well, but as I mentioned, I am not sure if I should sent it right back and rather order a Sandisk.
Thanks!
Cappy
i ve just had a similar problem with my OT, it suddenly empty itself without a reboot!!

the original card is now closed being empty...jut few samples...
very weird.
take it on computer and nothing left ... close to 4 Go.
now it seems to work but ....empty...
the loops included were good fun for learning it..

hope that elektron crew will give me a torrent of backup...

Cappy
>hope that elektron crew will give me a torrent of backup...

what is a lot more concerning is the possibility of losing original, project data. no one can give that back.

i guess caution is called for.
Game & Watch
Ok, so did everyone that has had this issue connect the OT to the computer before putting the OT in USB mode?

Here is something to try, backup any data left on the card on your computer, then get a card restore/wiper freeware, there are lots of these to be found for mac and pc, try and find one that gives the option to zero the card, zero or wipe/recover the card, then reformat it in FAT format, copy the files back on and see of it works.

I would recommend using a card reader rather than doing it whilst the card is in the OT in USB mode.
Go to top Post Reply