As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ
Chain Chomp
PEACE
Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ 13 Years, 2 Months ago
maelstrom wrote:
@rennweg

do you have the possibility to try out another CF card? Did it for me.
Formatted the other one, ATA failure vanished.
Seems there are some instabilities when loading data from the card.
My error had nothing to do with the usb enabling/disabling.

I don´t have a new card yet, but I ordered one already, but I have another card reader and was just about to try the possibility you have suggested. Takes a few minutes for all my loops to be copied though.
Thanks for the answer. I hope it does help. Will let you know when I am done.
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
i've had the drive (the mounted OT) freeze up a few times. i had to pull the usb out and restart. so far it has always come back. but it is not very stable.
Cappy
@ rennweg

do that, would be good to know.
Chain Chomp
PEACE
Puuhhh, it seems to work again..., but only after a few tries (edit: no it doesn´t > see update).

I formatted the mentioned card with "fat" and put all the samples on it again, but the OT said "ATA FAIL" > OH NO!!!

I stlll have a sandisk Ultra II 15 mb´s for my V-SYNTH XT, so I tried it (just put it in the slot and checked via "TEST MODE" and yeah > "ATA OK".
So I put the original one in there again, which didn´t work and the OT said "ATA OK".
So there seems to be some issues with the CF drive and just in case this happens to anyone, always have a second CF card available to get this bug solved for now.

Update: Despite the fact that it says "ATA OK" for the original CF card that didn´t work I am not able to operate with the card (set restore point/change project/save new project/etc.) again and the OT freezes after that. So I guess I have to wait for my new CF card and see if it solves the problem, because the Ultra II 15 mb´s from my V-SYNTH XT doesn´t work as it is not fast enough.

Thanks for the help and advice anyway!
King Koopa
All your base are belong to us!
rennweg wrote:
I formatted the mentioned card with "fat" and put all the samples on it again, but the OT said "ATA FAIL" > OH NO!!!
I read somewhere that the CF card should be formatted with FAT32. Could be worth a shot.
Chain Chomp
PEACE
mos6581 wrote:
rennweg wrote:
I read somewhere that the CF card should be formatted with FAT32. Could be worth a shot.

It is Fat32. My mac just said FAT as a formatting option, but I made sure and checked again.
Thanks for the help.
Chain Chomp
PEACE
I formatted again, deleted the set I was working on. Also deleted everything that I didn´t
need on the CF card, created a new set, put new samples/loops into that audio folder and now everything seems to work again.

OS 0.99B

Edit: As it seems the Problems > freezing (neverending scrolling bar on the bottom of the display) start again when trying to do different actions that have to do with the CF card. I won´t spam anymore and hope for an answer from elektron, or my new CF card, or a possible fix through an update.
I guess I have to be patient.
Game & Watch
Were all the guys with the ATA problem using Mac? I have had lots of problems in the past with card readers and cards becoming corrupted on my mac.
Cappy
i'm on mac. so far my problems have been minor. but it makes you nervous when things freeze up.
Chain Chomp
PEACE
darenager wrote:
Were all the guys with the ATA problem using Mac? I have had lots of problems in the past with card readers and cards becoming corrupted on my mac.

Thanks for your support darenager. Yeah it is a bit frustrating when I have to turn off the OT while your track is still playing, because it freezes, especially when there seems to be no possible solution for this right now and you really want to mess around with this awesome machine.

Btw.: Good, simple demonstration video you did, showing some of the great possibilities with the OT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm23_GHKIPE&feature=related
Go to top Post Reply