As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ
Cappy
Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ 13 Years, 2 Months ago
compiling the mail. =)
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
i have a bug to report. OS v.99

i was applying the phaser effect on track 1. when i used the wrong parameter knob the OT froze. it wouldn't reboot unless i used the reset.

i reproduced the same result twice.

this has not been forwarded to elektron. maybe it's better to compile a list for them.
Cappy
maelstrom wrote:

Any of you guys know what ATA could mean?

Think it's storage related- my guess is that the CF card got corrupted somehow. Did you try using a different card before doing the empty reset?
Cappy
@ nangu

no, I didn't... have only the one card that came shipped with it.
But I'll try that, if that changes anything I'll inform you here.
what makes you think that it could be card-related?

-mael
Cappy
ATA is the real name for the mass storage device interface that is frequently called IDE or EIDE.

http://www.ata-atapi.com/

CF cards are ATA devices..
V0.99 not sent to elektron

samples with an apostrophe won't load. I'm guessing other characters too?
It's kind of annoying to have to rename, say, many of the breaks in 101's breaks pack.

Likewise, project & set names with a space won't save.
Nevermind.
Cappy
CF cards are ATA devices..

nangu, you are right. the thought also occured to me, since I know what ATA/S-ATA means in terms of computer hardware, but I thought it to be a coincidence. Anyway, changed the CF card for testing purposes, ATA status shows now as "ok".

phew.

leaves the question, how did I corrupt the cf card that never left the octa since I have it.

-mael
Chain Chomp
PEACE
maelstrom wrote:
Ok, something that happened during a recent performance whilst loading
a sample into flex:

Booting up into the testmenu would state following

does also not dissappear ever since, though empty reset was done
Any of you guys know what ATA could mean?
Will send that to elektron.

-mael

ps.: no, did not try to bend it in any way....

OS 0.99B

I do have this problem as well. I did "Test mode" and it says "ATA fail". I also did "Empty reset", but this doesn´t effect the Compact flash drive, so it doesn´t seem to solve the problem.
Since then the OT freezes everytime I do something with the Compact flash card via "Projects" (set restore point/change project/save new project/etc.). So I am not able to do much since then. I will try to format my card (original) now and see if that helps.
I rebooted more than once, but it doesn´t help.

I think I also know when this happened, so this might be a suggestion to everyone else to be careful about: I did a backup on my computer (intel mac osx 10.5.8) with "super duper" and the OT was connected via USB, but not enabled (System/enable USB Disk) through the OT (ejected on the computer). While I did the backup I saw that the scrolling bar on the OT´s display kept going and going and wouldn´t stop until the OT froze.
So, it might be a good idea to always disconnect the usb cable from the OT to the computer when not needed, especially when you do things like backups/repair permissions/etc.. I didn´t use leopards timemachine for this specific backup, so I don´t know if this would make a difference.

I will write elektron a bug report, but I thought I let you know, so that everyone is aware that this might cause a problem.
I hope I will get this working again, because I can´t do much if I can´t use my drive on the OT anymore.

Edit: I just did "enable USB disk" on the OT, but the drive doesn´t show up on my computer anymore. It feezes the OT as well then. Uuhh, now this is not good. Seems like I am not really able to use my OT for now and wait for a fix.
Cappy
@rennweg

do you have the possibility to try out another CF card? Did it for me.
Formatted the other one, ATA failure vanished.
Seems there are some instabilities when loading data from the card.
My error had nothing to do with the usb enabling/disabling.
Go to top Post Reply