As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ
Goomba
Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ 12 Years, 3 Months ago
The weird thing is that an empty reset fixes the headphone jack problem for a while.

It seems like a bug, I thought some of the new trig modes were setting it off for a while but I can't tell what causes it for certain.

All sounds fine now but it won't tomorrow.

Also after 20 minutes of straight loading and reloading(over and over again) I finally got the project file from the sample pack that I bought (because my ot showed up with a cf card full of corrupted files) loaded without it giving me the error message.

I can load samples but there are no scenes or sequences. The bank is empty.

I need to be completely convinced that it's a hardware fuck up to send something back, and i'm not 100% since it responds to the the old elektron colonic.

Anyone have anything similar happen?

No one else seems to have the headphone problem though so maybe it is hardware.
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
MacBook, Cubase, MM/MD/OT & more
Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ 12 Years, 2 Months ago
glaive wrote:
Tosh, upgrade to 1.1. It's a quantum leap.

Nerd, you might wanna contact Elektron. The static in the left headphone sounds hardware-related.

Looking forward to an upgraded handbook!
Goomba
Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ 11 Years, 11 Months ago
Hey there really digging my octa track, but im really not digging the manual telling me to do something that does not work.

Under the "live recording mode" header in the manual

"To remove trigs in real time, press and hold [EXIT/NO]. All trigs hit by the running LED of the sequencer will be erased from the active track."

I have been trying this for the last hour and sifting through update notes but i cant for the life of me find away to delete trigs i have just entered in live recording mode without switching to grid mode and hitting them all off individually.

Pretty annoying!

Can anyone help?
Goomba
A few questions about the octatrack - thinking of purchasing 11 Years, 11 Months ago
Hi guys,

I hope you can help me with some answers to these questions about the Octatrack - thanks a lot - this is the greatest forum ever!

Is it possible to make smooth overdubbing when sampling - like on a looper pedal (or the looper in Ableton Live)?

Does the Octatrack have an "audio-detection" sampling mode (like NI Maschine)? It would be rather useful to me I think ...

Is it possible to quantize the manual live triggering of samples (for example in Slots or Chromatic triggering mode)? On page 13 in the OS1.11B readme file, a new TRIG QUANT track setting is mentioned but it is not that clear to me what it does.

The manual states that "If the Octatrack BPM exceeds 60 the track recorders can sample 64 steps of length." - But what if the BPM is exactly 60? is it then 32 or 64 steps? I have a lot of tracks in 60 BPM

In general, I do ambient live sets in 60-80BPM, and my liverig consists of Ableton Live (with 8 tracks of clips and four tracks of softsynths, and a live-lopper), DSI Tetra, Eventide Timefactor, KP3, a looper pedal and some midikeys/-controllers. I plan to use the Octatrack mainly for live-sampling and mangling the audio - also sequencing the Tetra - resampling KP3- and Timefactor-effected Cue-output from the Octatrack and use it as a mixer. Also plan to use the Scene-fader a lot. I am worried that the Octatrack does not have enough tracks though - also, I usually play for 3 hours and have about 30-50 of my songs to mix and match (track 4 of one song to track 1 of another, etc. - and looping clips vary from 4 to 40 bars) - so, GB is an issue - and transitions between songs/tracks.

How does this sound to you guys? Any suggestions/comments?

By the way, if you wonder what music I make (and maybe to make it easier to answer my questions), you can take a listen here: http://dreamhub.bandcamp.com/

Oh, and I've watched almost every video about the Octatrack, read the manuals twice and read through this forum for months now You guys rock!
Yoshi
Look at my stuff, and help me obtain my burger
Clips and videos
Re:A few questions about the octatrack - thinking of purchasing 11 Years, 11 Months ago
dhub wrote:
Hi guys,

Is it possible to make smooth overdubbing when sampling - like on a looper pedal (or the looper in Ableton Live)?

Does the Octatrack have an "audio-detection" sampling mode (like NI Maschine)? It would be rather useful to me I think ...

The manual states that "If the Octatrack BPM exceeds 60 the track recorders can sample 64 steps of length." - But what if the BPM is exactly 60? is it then 32 or 64 steps? I have a lot of tracks in 60 BPM

hehehe.. i wish i was sitting behind my octatrack, i would have checked how many steps you got at EXACTLY 60bpm.. but hmm exceeds is more.. so if i had to bet money on it..
i would say 64steps starts at 61bpm.. the question made me laugh though.. thanks for that.

The looper smooth overdubbing thing.. hmmm i never got that 100% working.. it has some limitations here and there.. but.. i did get it to work 99.9% usually went wrong with 2much pitching or playing with the rate. so unless its that 00.1% better.. it can be a bit tricky.

I do not have NI machine.. but if its something that uses the input audio as a recording trigger..
then no...

I hope the others have the answers to the rest of your questions..
enjoy..
Goomba
Re:A few questions about the octatrack - thinking of purchasing 11 Years, 11 Months ago
He he - thanks for answering - I can see why that made you laugh
Kong
mr. applehead
a julia set wrote:
Hey there really digging my octa track, but im really not digging the manual telling me to do something that does not work.

Under the "live recording mode" header in the manual

"To remove trigs in real time, press and hold [EXIT/NO]. All trigs hit by the running LED of the sequencer will be erased from the active track."

I have been trying this for the last hour and sifting through update notes but i cant for the life of me find away to delete trigs i have just entered in live recording mode without switching to grid mode and hitting them all off individually.

Pretty annoying!

Can anyone help?

quote from my support question..

Hey,

Glad you like the OS!

If you press TRACK + EXIT/NO in real time rec the trigs of the tracks will be erased when hit by the running LED of the sequencer.

Jon
Elektron

it worked with the previous OS, don't seem to work for me now though. maybe its broken or been removed as a function?

i was suggesting to elektron that func/clear should clear the TRACK whilst in realtime record mode rather than clearing the pattern.
this would make new takes faster
obvious question, but are you definitely in live record mode, and holding down the relevant track button while pressing the no button?
how do i get the Octatrack to record midi data from my MPC in time?

// edit: think i figured it out. just need to slave the Octatrack to the MPC's transport and i should be good. i'll report back here if it works out.
Go to top Post Reply