As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs Creating convincing Roland TR series sounds? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Creating convincing Roland TR series sounds?
Goomba
Creating convincing Roland TR series sounds? 12 Years, 4 Months ago
Can anyone give me some settings that sound like the original 909/808 series, I haven't had machinedrum all that long and I'm trying to make some acid/techno tracks but I can't seem to get convincing TR series sounds out of machinedrum?

The main problems are the hi-hats and the snares but none of the sounds I'm getting are very close to be honest.

I have the UW so I could just put some samples in but I figured it must be possible to get pretty close with the synthesis machines?

any help much appreciated!
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
Re:Creating convincing Roland TR series sounds? 12 Years, 4 Months ago
Try the E12 brush snare with it set all the real setting all the way to one side, sounds quite like the 909 snare.. albeit a bit short.
Killer Beez
haven't tried this file but knew I'd seen it on here before. Did a quick search for 808 sysex {all words}

http://elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=28&func=view&id=65404&catid=9&limit=10&limitstart=10
Goomba
thanks for the help, you're right that E12 brush snare is fairly close but I'm sure it must be possible to get something closer!

I just loaded up the 808 kit and it's really good, sounds convincing enough for me anyway!

I'm surprised no one has made a 909 kit yet, I guess the cymbals on the 909 were samples anyway so trying to generate them with the TRX machine might be a pointless exercise but the snare, hand clap and toms should be achievable!
Go to top Post Reply