As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear [OT] 64 Hit Samples for cutting up in OT - Post your own (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: [OT] 64 Hit Samples for cutting up in OT - Post your own
Goomba
Re:[OT] 64 Hit Samples for cutting up in OT - Post your own 10 Years, 11 Months ago
Hmm... What is this SOX?

I'm wishing I had a 'Bank Builder' app that I could drag and drop samples onto - in order to make banks. Even swapping text to a .syx template would be faster/easier. I'm a button pusher through and through, but this make a pool, assign ad nauseum - is tedious.

Apologies if there's already something available - I'm new to the forum, and I've only rtfm thrice, and feel as though I'm just scratching the surface, with a new "revelation" or tip discovery each day. This OT is one of those "10,000 hours of operation and study - just to get a decent understanding" type of machines or skill. Lol. Took a couple reads just to translate Elektron sample-speak terms to regular sampler jargon. How many triggers does a gun have?Ya pull it or ya dont.

Loving random slice with sample chains! Has anyone tried the trick of pitching samples an octave or two above normal - to ease the internal memory limitation and 128 samples?
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
Re:[OT] 64 Hit Samples for cutting up in OT - Post your own 10 Years, 11 Months ago
pattern25 wrote:
just didn't encountered it when tried to find something similar.

i'm shure that you had a lot of fun programming this software!
King Koopa
Octatrack
Nord Micro Modular
Shruthi-1
TX81Z
MPC1000
KHz MHz wrote:
Hmm... What is this SOX?

Loving random slice with sample chains! Has anyone tried the trick of pitching samples an octave or two above normal - to ease the internal memory limitation and 128 samples?

I've done this with an entire album sped up 32x. It was obviously very lo-fi but surprisingly legible and with hardly any aliasing. It really demonstrated for me how nice the OT's interpolation algorithms are. It was quite fun with the scenes - playing things in reverse, playing at different speeds, retriggering, etc.
vvd
Cappy
Does the OT take transients into account when doing the slice grid? Eg, can I just join some 16, 32, ... wav hits of different length to one chain and the OT will slice it correctly?
Boo
vvd wrote:
Does the OT take transients into account when doing the slice grid? Eg, can I just join some 16, 32, ... wav hits of different length to one chain and the OT will slice it correctly?

Nope, it slices at set divisions, so 8, 12, 16, 24 slices and so on. You can set it to pick zero crossings.
vvd
Cappy
So sox won't do, it just concatenates the samples and you would have to slice them manually in the OT.
I'd really like to see an app that does sample-perfect, evenly spaced sample chains so that I can just throw it into the OT and use the create slice grid thing.
Cappy
Just make shure that your samples all have the same length (sox may be your friend also).
vvd
Cappy
I've hacked some (rather ugly) bash scripts together ... but they can create evenly spaced (sample accurate) sample chains (so all you have to do is to apply a 8,16, .., 64 grid in the OT). If you're interested in the script let me know...
vvd
Cappy
Here are some 40+ mb to play with (examples taken from the 650MB I've created so far).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9205748/Sample-chains%20for%20the%20Octatrack.zip

File list:
16_clap-medium_01.wav
16_crash-long_01.wav
16_crash-medium_01.wav
16_fx-long_01.wav
16_fx-short_01.wav
16_hihat-medium_01.wav
16_kick-long_01.wav
16_perc-long_01.wav
16_ride-medium_01.wav
16_snare-medium_01.wav
16_synth-long_01.wav
32_fx-medium_01.wav
32_kick-medium_01.wav
32_perc-medium_01.wav
32_synth-medium_01.wav
64_clap-short_01.wav
64_hihat-short_01.wav
64_kick-short_01.wav
64_perc-short_01.wav
64_snare-short_01.wav
64_synth-short_01.wav
8_ride-short_01.wav
info.txt
Chain Chomp
MD uw
Octatrack
Monomachine mkII +Drive
Thanks VVD ...!
If there is a way to create quickly sample chains i would be a strong supporter !

P.S. there's a groove in 64_kick-short_01.wav chain ! Nice...
Go to top Post Reply