As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear [OT] 64 Hit Samples for cutting up in OT - Post your own (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: [OT] 64 Hit Samples for cutting up in OT - Post your own
King Koopa
mrsurga.tumblr.com
Re:[OT] 64 Hit Samples for cutting up in OT - Post your own 12 Years, 4 Months ago
well... unfiltered minor chords. i don't own a mnm and am currently limited to the chords sounds of the emx, which are ok but they now sound all the same after I'be used them in a dozen of tracks!

where do you leave? I can pay you in candies
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Re:[OT] 64 Hit Samples for cutting up in OT - Post your own 12 Years, 4 Months ago
My music theory knowledge is kind of basic. For me Minor Chords are "sad" chords, Major = Happy! So this could get interresting. hehe,

What you can do, is email me a midifile with the chords you want, and ill make different mnm samples of the same chords. That could be usefull for alot of users here.
Chain Chomp
OK, nothing to post yet, but I wanted to keep this thread alive...
5id
Boo
MD UW+ OT
xoneDB4
prscrptn wrote:
OK, nothing to post yet, but I wanted to keep this thread alive...

I've been getting some nice results slicing hi-hat chains and then applying my favourite little feature of the OT (create random locks) or even slice a single hat sample and hear the OT show off
Chain Chomp
5id wrote:
I've been getting some nice results slicing hi-hat chains and then applying my favourite little feature of the OT (create random locks) or even slice a single hat sample and hear the OT show off

Great! I will have to try this trick, just got my OT back last night!

Are you randomizing slices with an LFO or another method?
5id
Boo
MD UW+ OT
xoneDB4
prscrptn wrote:
5id wrote:

Great! I will have to try this trick, just got my OT back last night!

Are you randomizing slices with an LFO or another method?

I just slice my hats chain of 64 samples to 64 slices, place 15 or 16 trigs on the sequencer and choose CREATE RANDOM LOCKS from the slice menu. You can repeat CREATE RANDOM LOCKS until you get something your happy with.
JES
King Koopa
Hi Folks,

Excited to try these out when my OT arrives.

I have some favourites from Battery that I would like to import into the OT for drums. Do you generally go with 64 bits of one kind of sample (e.g., hats, kicks), or put a several kits across the 64 hits?

--JES
Boo
Ir would fine if this was standarized.
King Koopa
Very nice thread! If Xmas activities here are not killing me, i will fire up Sonic Charge uTonic and record some uTonic classics to slice.
Cappy
AikiGhost wrote:
First up 32 Feedback Hits, these were recorded from a malfunctioning marshall guitar amp witch makes very odd feedback noises when you plug the headphone output into the guitar in and wiggle the loose front panel about.
32 Marshal Amp Feedback Hits

I tried all the sample strings out here, it's great! I really like this one, Aikighost. Made a little track with sounds of it. I'll see if I can post something this weekend.

I'll try to come up with a nice string myself...
Go to top Post Reply