As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox MDUW granular synthesis endeavour (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: MDUW granular synthesis endeavour
King Koopa
www.exuviae-music.com

Current band members: Octatrack, A4, Ultranova
Re:MDUW granular synthesis endeavour 11 Years, 6 Months ago
Forgive me if I am being dense here, but I still have some basic questions about this MD granulaire effect:

I can follow the posted setup easily enough, but what I don't understand is the use of a Ram Play machine. What exactly are we sampling? Don't you need a Ram Rec machine going in order to feed the buffer of a Ram Play machine?

Are we copying a ROM sample over to a RAM Play? Is that even possible?

Or is this a "just throw some shit into a Ram Play machine and use that" kind of deal...?

I'm simply needing to know these supposed steps that set up the audio source before the steps that are given in the exercise.

Can someone please help?

Thanks!
  The topic has been locked.
Hammer Bro
It depends on whether you want to perform granulation on an incoming signal (you must use RAM Rec/Play pairs), or on a prerecorded sample (you then use the ROM machines). Of course you can use both RAM Rec/Play and ROM machines simultaneously, to create a more complex sounding texture.
King Koopa
www.exuviae-music.com

Current band members: Octatrack, A4, Ultranova
Thanks!
Just to be sure:

You need to RAM play some filled buffer, indeed. For that matters you can use a RAM Rec machine.
Of course, you can also do so with a ROM machine.
Go to top Post Reply