As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox MDUW granular synthesis endeavour (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: MDUW granular synthesis endeavour
King Koopa
www.exuviae-music.com

Current band members: Octatrack, A4, Ultranova
Re:MDUW granular synthesis endeavour 12 Years, 7 Months ago
Why are we using RAM machines rather than exisiting samples in a Rom machine? Are we resampling the main outs in realtime? I tried these steps using a Rom machine and it works great, but I was wondering if I am missing even cooler things.

Anyone?

Thanks!
Brooks
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
Nice work Stiiiiiiiiive and TOS. A similar technique detailing time stretch and pitch shifting to ROM samples is described in this thread:

http://elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=28&func=view&id=114818&catid=15&limit=10&limitstart=10
Yes Nils, this one is in mt favs

I must admit I wondered at one point whether I was going to land somewhere near that technique. Eventually I dug and dug and just shared this first step.
Hammer Bro
Niiiiiiice one Stiiiiiiiive!
King Koopa
wow this is amazing. i was looking for something like this. thanks for sharing!!
Admin
great share! this will be getting some use for sure when i go on a planned MDUW binge coming soon. thank you guys
Cappy
Yeah that's very good thanks !
Unfortunately, I don't think it would be possible to make the grains overlap. At least not with one r-machine !
But with multiple machines the difficulty would be to control them.
I was looking for a vst doing that, and I found this : http://newsonicarts.com/granite_overview.html
I think it's really good and consider buying it. However I would love to see my MD doing the same ! (this is close !)
Hammer Bro
^^ For grain overlapping, use two (or more) RAM-Play machines. Set one trigger for each track, but offset one of them using swing (or place the trigger one step later).
King Koopa
p_ACHE wrote:
Yeah that's very good thanks !
Unfortunately, I don't think it would be possible to make the grains overlap. At least not with one r-machine !
But with multiple machines the difficulty would be to control them.
I was looking for a vst doing that, and I found this : http://newsonicarts.com/granite_overview.html
I think it's really good and consider buying it. However I would love to see my MD doing the same ! (this is close !)

wow this plugin is amazing. thank you for sharing. i just bought it.
exuviae wrote:
Why are we using RAM machines rather than exisiting samples in a Rom machine? Are we resampling the main outs in realtime? I tried these steps using a Rom machine and it works great, but I was wondering if I am missing even cooler things.

Anyone?

Thanks!
Brooks

Well yes, I'm more in the "sample and mangle tour music mates" thing. But same principle except one thing: RAM machines START and END parameters are linear, so are the START and END parameter of certain ROM machines, but not all! The others are logarithmic. cf the UW addendum in the MDUW user's guide.

On MkI, RAM PLAY machines 26 to 32 have linear parameters.
Go to top Post Reply