As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Octatrack Transitions & Crossfader Demo (Video) (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Octatrack Transitions & Crossfader Demo (Video)
Goomba
hi everybody 12 Years, 3 Months ago
hi everybody
how to contact admin? need some important info...
thanks
  The topic has been locked.
Hero of Winds
OP-1 and Ableton Live (everything else is waiting for studio renovations...which are slow since I'm doing it)
Re:hi everybody 12 Years, 3 Months ago
qwase wrote:
hi everybody
how to contact admin? need some important info...
thanks

srgt sgh sfh sfgh

That's one way ... I suppose
Yoshi
Re:Octatrack Transitions & Crossfader Demo (Video) 11 Years, 3 Months ago
Ugh, tried about three times to get this working this evening following Tarekith's lovely youtube video; but to no avail.

Running OS1.22; listening on headphones; can't get the loop record/playback going...

I follow each step in the video:

- assign Track 1 to Flex Recording Buffer 1
- Set up scene A/1 using XDir: Track 1 = XLev=Max; everything else = XLev=Min
- Set up scene B/2 using XDir: Track 1 = XLev=Min; everything else = XLev is not used (track default levels)
- Set up mixer with scenes
- Assign playback trigger on Track 1, step 1
- Assign record trigger on Track 1, step 1; with A/B & C/D off; but midi light on for internal sounds.

But I get no sound on scene B (aka loop playback)

I did notice that in the video; next to the flex symbol; there is a diamond and playback image; but on mine, there is only a playback... as if the record trigger is not working?

Am I missing something stupid? Or was there a change in the OS settings that makes it different since that video was made?
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
I'll check that v1.22 didn't break this when I get in the studio later. It happened once with the beta, but I that was fixed awhile ago.
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
Just tested, working fine here in 1.22.
King Koopa
Octatrack
Nord Micro Modular
Shruthi-1
TX81Z
MPC1000
You said you're not getting the record icon next to the F, which seems to indicate your loop isn't getting recorded in the first place. Some obvious thoughts:
- Is the length properly set? If it's just set to 1, the recording might be over too quickly for you to see the recording icon appear.
- Did you set the right trig type for recording? If you set a one-shot record trig and you somehow disarm it, it's not going to trigger recording so the buffer will remain empty.
- Are you recording the right internal source? Are you playing back the right buffer? These have thrown me off a few times.

Try opening the record menu for the track you're recording to make sure the buffer is actually recording. If it is, the tape reels should turn. This also shows the record step grid, so you can confirm your trig is armed and where it should be.

Again, super obvious stuff, but we all forget the basics sometimes.
Yoshi
I *think* with some fluffing around I *might* have got it working... got full(ish) playback of recorded loop via the crossfader/record buffer as expected.

But I'm not overly happy with the settings/playback... sounds kind of weird/volume issues?

But thats undoubtedly me beign silly/stupid. It's probably the third time I've ever really played with the recording stuff on the Octatrack.
Admin
Just keep messing with it and trying to adjust different values for the voume settings. This technique uses a lot of different concepts to work, so it can take some finessing to work just the way that is best for your needs.
Chain Chomp
Elektron confirmed that using this method the volume param is liked to the main volume. This is a big problem for me since it means you need to keep the volume around the notch value.

To bypass this you can sample from things you send to the CUE and select the CUE as a source. This actually works out better for me since I can pick and choose what I want to sample/transition even if everything is playing back!
Yoshi
Interesting... might give that a go...
Go to top Post Reply