As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Join me in the pub! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Join me in the pub!
Game & Watch
Re:Join me in the pub! 13 Years, 1 Month ago
Yeah his stuff is great, and to be honest the only stuff I have heard that stands out (there may well be others though) and I'd be looking at doing stuff of that standard. No interest in doing mainstream stuff, but hopefully not so obscure that it will not be useful.

Drinking at work, or working from home?
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
Heheh, neither. I'm working from home, comfy on the couch with some tunes in the background. What I'm working on is confusing enough without adding liquid refreshment.
Game & Watch
Working from home on the couch, tough luck eh?

You do law right?
Admin
Yessir. Used to be in private practice, now in the government since 2008. We're not all lazy bums, even though I'm working on the couch.

I like having a job that's challenging during the day, but doesn't grip me after hours. I like that I can step away. I've realized that's key for me.

Hw about you? I've no idea what you do...
Game & Watch
I'm a hustler

I'm actually quite fortunate in that I don't have to work, as such.

Edit - that makes me sound like a lazy bum, I do work but not hard.
Admin
darenager wrote:
I'm a hustler

I'm actually quite fortunate in that I don't have to work, as such.

Edit - that makes me sound like a lazy bum, I do work but not hard.

Lol - that is entirely your business! Everyone has a different story and a different kind of life (even within families). I sometimes think about not working, and ive decided that I would have to have some kind of commitment everyday or else I would just laze about and squander my time.
Game & Watch
Hehe yep, it is tempting to sit about wasting time, but I'm always busy doing something, long story short - I used to work 60+ hours a week busting my balls, then one day enough was enough, we had a son, and I was leaving for work before he was awake, and by the time I got home he was asleep, for that and a few other reasons I quit my job, moved out of the rat race into the coutryside, bought a business, and now spend more time with my family. Never been happier, the business is staffed (its a shop), so I just do a bit of admin stuff.
Admin
darenager wrote:
Hehe yep, it is tempting to sit about wasting time, but I'm always busy doing something, long story short - I used to work 60+ hours a week busting my balls, then one day enough was enough, we had a son, and I was leaving for work before he was awake, and by the time I got home he was asleep, for that and a few other reasons I quit my job, moved out of the rat race into the coutryside, bought a business, and now spend more time with my family. Never been happier, the business is staffed (its a shop), so I just do a bit of admin stuff.

That's beautiful. It's probably my age, and being a guuurlll?!, but I think about the family and children thing quite a bit. I've made some choices within the last few months that have put me in a better position to not be forced to have to choose between family and work. I don't want to be important, I want to be happy. sometimes work gets in the way of that, and there is so much pressure to choose work - subtle sometimes, but its there. No more!
Game & Watch
I kind of did the guy thing of putting my lady off, next year - all that sort of thing, and really that was pretty dumb of me, because having kids is not the big upheaval guys tend to think/fear it is, and I totally love being a dad.

You're a smart cookie, happiness trumps all. Money is important to a point, but some things money can't buy, life is a short dance, no rehearsals. Being important is over rated, been there done it, it is easy to feel pressured into doing the done thing, but sometimes take a step back and look around.

If your guy is down with having kids, and you feel its the right time, go for it. If he's not down yet and he's the right one, tell him from me it's the best thing he'll ever do

Tell me to shut up if I'm talking out of turn
Admin
darenager wrote:
I kind of did the guy thing of putting my lady off, next year - all that sort of thing, and really that was pretty dumb of me, because having kids is not the big upheaval guys tend to think/fear it is, and I totally love being a dad.

You're a smart cookie, happiness trumps all. Money is important to a point, but some things money can't buy, life is a short dance, no rehearsals. Being important is over rated, been there done it, it is easy to feel pressured into doing the done thing, but sometimes take a step back and look around.

If your guy is down with having kids, and you feel its the right time, go for it. If he's not down yet and he's the right one, tell him from me it's the best thing he'll ever do

Tell me to shut up if I'm talking out of turn

nah -- not completely out of turn. jk. I opened the door. at any rate, I'm very old-fashioned, so no kids until we're married and hopefully have our own spot. he has to finish school (his work is paying for a masters) and then I'm guessing I can say, YO WADDAP, DAWG?!?!

i can't believe I just typed that. sober.
Go to top Post Reply