As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs Machinedrum-UW chopping up samples? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Machinedrum-UW chopping up samples?
Goomba
Machinedrum-UW chopping up samples? 13 Years, 2 Months ago
Hey fellow elektron-heads,

Quick question ; Can the the machinedrum take a drum loop wave form and automatically split and assign the seperate sounds (kicks, snares..etc) to the 16 pads?

Just about to part with my hard earned cash and really need an answer with this one.

Many thanks,

Picnic

x
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
Re:Machinedrum-UW chopping up samples? 13 Years, 2 Months ago
No. You will have to scroll manually.
Yoshi
whooooooosh

lamonddesign

lamonddesign@gmail.com
part with your money anyway youll have a blast
Yoshi
MDUW MKII + MnM MKII + OT DPS-1
http://soundcloud.com/earsmack
Automatically no. However, you can set it up to do this manually and save the config to be instantly recalled for that particular sample.
MK7
Killer Beez
Microscopial wrote:
part with your money anyway youll have a blast

+1. if you get into the Elektron world, you should start saving money for the whole trinity as it's hard or maybe impossible to resist to the others once bought one of them

the above-mentioned manual solutions could be automated with Ruin&Wesen's Minicommand i guess, but you'd have to program it.
MK7
Killer Beez
sorry for double post, i couldn't stop thinking about that "strange" question. MD has only 2,5 MB RAM, that's not more than just some space for some one-shot samples and 1-2 loops

--> why don't you buy an Octatrack?!
Yoshi
@0n0n3
MNM
OT
X0xb0x
Monotribe
^I guess this is it really.

I have a UW and dont have an Octatrack, current finances make it difficult, but one day it will mine for sure.

I should imagine that this is like a realtime nondestructive recycle/wavelab type affair with a sequencer thats kick ass tight and parameter control that is second to none.

I would say you need an OT over the UW. perhaps OT and an old non UW if you wants them drum synthesis

win win win.
You can play with "start end" encoders

But i WISH ELEKTRON gives some of the advanced sampling functionality to the UW... come on guys, we know you can!!!

This would be a dream for me... An new OS with advanced sampling capabilities
Admin
The Seadweller wrote:

I don't think the MD's sampling capabilities is something Elektron will expand in the future. After all the MD is primarily a drum synthesizer/sequencer. If you want more advanced sampling, OT is the way to go.
Nils wrote:
The Seadweller wrote:

I don't think the MD's sampling capabilities is something Elektron will expand in the future. After all the MD is primarily a drum synthesizer/sequencer. If you want more advanced sampling, OT is the way to go.

Well, Elekton could give the UW some more functionality. No need for a big expansion. Something like easier croping, triming, they can offer that.
After all MD-UW has a sampler, should they stop developing it in order to force people buy the OT ?
Go to top Post Reply