As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear OT feature requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: OT feature requests
Goomba
Re:OT feature requests 13 Years, 2 Months ago
Function + Track Trig = taken to Track Page.

I keep pressing it a-la MD and nothing happens.

Bah!

Also - when pressing Cue to trial a sample, having it play as it sits on the card (pre beat-mapped) makes little sense?
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
First of all let me say to everyone here on the forum.
I always enjoy reading these forums

I must say it seems a bit strange, a feature request thread for a product that's not even running a finished OS.

Nonetheless i would like a compressor with side chain functionality
Killer Beez
daandaan wrote:

I must say it seems a bit strange, a feature request thread for a product that's not even running a finished OS.

What, you think the guys at Elektron can think of everything? Why else send out the OT with an incomplete OS? They ran out of ideas and we are their think tank!
ark
Chain Chomp
A new record mode would make looping easier 13 Years, 2 Months ago
If I understand things correctly, there are currently three ways to record:

1) ONE: When you start recording, it keeps going for the given length, and restarts if you press [TRACK] and a source.

2) ONE-2: When you start recording, it keeps going for the given length, but stops if you press [TRACK] and a source.

3) GATE: Recording happens only while [TRACK] and a source are pressed together.

All of these methods have a problem for loopers: If you set a trig in a track, it starts recording again each time you encounter the trig. This means that if you want to record something once and loop it, you have to set a trig, wait until it comes around, then reset it before it comes around again. Alternatively, you can record manually, but then it's not synchronized.

So I have a suggestion for a fourth mode:

4) 1SHOT: Wait until you press [TRACK] and a source, then start recording at the next trig. Subsequent trigs have no effect until you press [TRACK] and a source again; recording stops when you reach RLEN.

With this mode, it would even be possible to set a record trig at every beat; then pressing [TRACK] and a source would start recording in sync with the next beat and stop after the appropriate amount of time.

I've sent this as a suggestion to Elektron.
ark
Chain Chomp
kayplus wrote:
Also - when pressing Cue to trial a sample, having it play as it sits on the card (pre beat-mapped) makes little sense?
I disagree. I'd rather hear the sample as it is than as the OT decides to mangle it.
ark
Chain Chomp
daandaan wrote:

If the OS were finished, what would be the point of feature requests?
ark
Chain Chomp
gurulogic wrote:
Track patter trigging seems a little weak to me. Some suggestions are:
-light an LED to indicate that the track is playing

The LCD indicates which tracks are playing with a tiny triangle next to the track button. That triangle changes to a square when the track is not playing, and to a + when the track is recording.
ark
Chain Chomp
Bathrobe wrote:
pressing track + stop stops the track.
a function like so many others that are still undocumented (except on this forum )

Unfortunately, it doesn't work reliably--at least not for me. Sometimes it stops the track; sometimes it doesn't. When it does stop it, I can't figure out how to start it again.
Chain Chomp
ark wrote:
Bathrobe wrote:
pressing track + stop stops the track.
a function like so many others that are still undocumented (except on this forum )

Unfortunately, it doesn't work reliably--at least not for me. Sometimes it stops the track; sometimes it doesn't. When it does stop it, I can't figure out how to start it again.

hm, maybe that´s why it is still undocumented.
last night i was previewing samples in the audio pool and couldn´t remove some trigs in rec mode.
i could only add new trigs. loading up a new sample did help until i layed down trigs again.
can you narrow it down to some situations?
Boo
Re:A new record mode would make looping easier 13 Years, 2 Months ago
ark wrote:

So I have a suggestion for a fourth mode:

4) 1SHOT: Wait until you press [TRACK] and a source, then start recording at the next trig. Subsequent trigs have no effect until you press [TRACK] and a source again; recording stops when you reach RLEN.

With this mode, it would even be possible to set a record trig at every beat; then pressing [TRACK] and a source would start recording in sync with the next beat and stop after the appropriate amount of time.

I've sent this as a suggestion to Elektron.

GREAT idea!! a overdub mode would be great as well, soound on sound.. when will we see the LOOPMACHINE.
Go to top Post Reply